Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

220 E 69th St
New York, NY 10021
212-288-6661
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  Just okay  |  show details
by Patient XYZ on Oct 21st, 2014

I came from a top notch endocrinologist to Dr. Spiros Mezitis. He spent a lot of time with me but it took forever to reach the office for an appointment. Once I saw him, he was yawning and nodding off during each visit. I didn't go back after several visits.

|  Wonderful Unrushed Doctor  |  show details
by Herbert K on Sep 10th, 2013

I am a senior-senior who once expected and got home calls and I know about the importance of sometimes spending time to get the right diagnosis. Dr. Mezitas is unstinting of his time which occasionally makes the next appointment wait a few minutes, but it is well worth it. My wife and I believe that Dr. Mezitas, along with a few other neighborhood specialists, intend to keep us coming until we are at least a hundred years old. It is getting closer and because of his ministrations we both can enjoy our eighties. I'll have to let you know about the nineties pretty soon.

|  Not a doctor, but a businessman!  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2013

I took my mother to Dr. Mezitis on the recommendation of her cardiologist whom we trust very much. When I called to get an appointment, I was told that since she lives in England and doesn't have insurance here in the States, we have to pay $700, which was fine. No problem. After the first visit, we found out that they don't accept American Express. The receptionist told us to pay next time with the second visit, which we did: $1600!! (including extra expenses!) When we got home, we had a message on the phone saying that we should call the office back because they had made a mistake. I told my mom, I knew this was too much. They probably want to give us a credit. Well, little did we know that she said we owe them a total of $2900!!!!!! When I asked why? She said because the doctor said my mother is a foreigner! We paid because we didn't want the hassle. However, I must say in all these years that my mother has gone to different doctors in this country, we have never seen such an atrocious thing. He is a good doctor but he is a great businessman first. I do not recommend him to anyone. There are plenty of other great doctors around. No need to see this man. He is in the wrong profession.