Dr. Stacey Hecht MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

April 15th, 2016
My children have been seeing Dr. Hecht nearly all their life. She is competent, experienced and very comfortable in her role as a pediatrician. She also "gets it" and sees things from a parent's perspective, often being accommodating with appointments, medication, etc. Her office is a relaxed atmosphere and for the most part they make the patient feel comfortable. My children are older and don't want to find a new doctor, so we will see her for as long as she will allow it. We love Dahlia, she has been there since the start, and the kids love when she is there. Some of the office staff can be snippy and get annoyed with patients at times, but it happens. What I don't like are some of the affects of our new social medicine plans have on all doctors and what it is doing to our medical professionals, in general. It's a real shame. One thing I do not like is the feeling that doctors want to get you into their office so they can collect their fee. I miss the days where you could call for a prescription renewal or a quick issue that can be resolved on the phone - instead of them being so set on making an appointment when it really isn't necessary.

January 28th, 2014
Parent
Dr. Hecht, is very caring and takes time to talk to the patients, and is great with kids. I have twins and have had no problems setting up appointments when the kids get sick. The staff is very friendly, too.

March 7th, 2013
My children were patients of Dr. Hecht's for most of their lives, they are now 16. She recently told us that she would no longer treat our children due to an outstanding invoice of $75. In 14 years we have never had an outstanding bill. This was an oversight which we have since settled. I am in healthcare and work with hospitals and clinicians everyday. The underlying culture of today is focused on patient satisfaction first and foremost. Apparently not the position taken by Dr. Hecht or her staff. Dr. Hecht's staff was uncaring, in my opinion and unwavering in their position. We asked to speak to Dr. Hecht personally but she never had the decency to call us back. Even large institutions without the intimate contact of seeing the patient on a regular basis would be willing to listen and offer payment options should need arise. I was shocked and very upset by this situation. We thought all along that we were more than just a number, we were wrong. I consider this among the most unprofessional experiences I have ever had.

November 29th, 2012
NOt concerned about the patient as an individual. Its just a business.

April 23rd, 2012
A parent of TWINS girls
Dr. Hecht has worked with my children for 16 years. She is an amazing and caring doctor. She is very precise in diagnosing a problem. My children love her, she is wonderful. I would recommend Dr. Hecht to any parent.

April 4th, 2012
Dr. Hect was excellent. I just switch doctors for my 1 and 2 year old. She was thorough and brought issues to my attention that my previous pediatrician never did. Also he office staff is very professional and nice. The office is also very appealing to the children and actually want to stay and play!

September 20th, 2010
has gone down over the past few years
Very disappointed in this practice. I have recently switched after a few areas of concern weren't taken serious by the dr. The one lesson I learned was to trust my own instincts. The office has grown quite unprofessional over the years and actually makes you feel like an inconvenience when calling.

October 18th, 2016