Dr. Stacey Thornton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 17th, 2016
Wonderful doctor and staff!!

July 14th, 2015
I have 3 children and I was prescribed fioricet by my OBGYN throughout two of my pregnancies. I became addicted quickly and it wasn't hard to get my Doc. to write me a script, which is strange. This is exactly how it happened, Him: Any problems? Me: Just headaches. Him: *writes script for a "hypnotic sedative" to a young pregnant woman* I had no idea what I was taking at the time, I was 21 and trusted my doctor to not put my life or my child's life in danger. Most research points to discretion of the use of fioricet and pregnancy, if the pros outweigh the cons. To me that means I should have been asked a few questions before the script was in my hands, as I see it the doctor and patient should decide if there are any other options for solving the problem. Fioricet should have been his last resort, not his first. "I have been having headaches." should have been followed with "have you tried Tylenol?" I was NOT having horrible headaches, they were just headaches and by the time my 3rd pregnancy rolled around I was thoroughly addicted to the drug. I was taking it as directed "1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours" that was it. No "as needed" instructions, so in my mind I could justify my addictive behaviors by taking 2 every 4 hours until they were gone. After all in my mind I was taking a prescription as directed by a doctor. Some research shows that it takes only one month to become addicted to fioricet, my doctor wrote and approved a prescription for me a grand total of... 22 months! I must make it clear that I was NEVER informed of the side effects for my unborn child, potential for abuse, withdrawal symptoms (mine and my babies) by my doctor. I was never told to stop taking it in the last few months of pregnancy to avoid potential infant withdrawals and other birthing complications. I did however inform my doctor of my extreme genetic mental disorders running rampant through my family. He knew that I suffered from postpartum depression and psychosis and he was aware of my 10+ years struggle with self injury. I wonder if he knows that barbiturates are commonly used in suicide. I wonder if he understands what he did and possibly continues to do. This is my translation, my doctor gave me a legal addiction, a loaded gun, if you will. Then he sent a mentally unstable, new mother home TWICE with a newborn baby, suffering from withdrawal symptoms with no warning or explanation for what could come. I didn't understand why my children were so inconsolable. Colic is the diagnosis my doctor hid behind. I honestly don't know if he is ignorant about the drug he handing out like candy or if he just doesn't give a crap. My question is simply this... The children affected by this situation are now 6 and 3, I don't want "justice" or compensation for anything. I want to know if this has happened to anyone else? Has anyone taken fioricet regularly throughout a pregnancy? And how do I confront the doctor, because he is still practicing and possibly handing out addictions disguised as helpful medication. I don't want to get him in trouble, I want him to be informed about what he's doing and I want him to stop giving hypnotic sedatives to women at their most vulnerable times as a first resort. Sorry for the insane rant but jeeze!

April 30th, 2015
Dr Thornton and Amy are the absolute best!! Patient care was beyond excellent!!

February 9th, 2015
Dr Thornton is awesome.

August 7th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor!
Some of the things that I liked most about Doctor Thornton was that he always prayed with me for the health of our baby and for me! He has a great bedside manner; I could always talk to him with out feeling rushed. And that is very important.

October 18th, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. Thornton is an excellent doctor. He is very good at listening to you and taking the time to answer all of your questions. He is a very sincere caring doctor and I always recommend Dr.Thornton to anyone who is looking for a Ob-gyn.

July 6th, 2012
love this Dr. couldn't get a better ob. he was amazing with my pregnancies and will defiantly go back.

September 16th, 2011
Awful experience
He is very nice in person but rushes through the appointment. He promised me he would be delivering my daughter and when my water broke the hospital said it was policy to call the Dr. on call. Therefore he did not deliver my daughter. I also told him that I felt like my daughter had "dropped" and that she was weighing down on my pelvis and that I felt she would be coming that week. He told me it was my first pregnancy so I didn't know what to expect and that she would be born in 5 weeks (when she was due). She was born 2 days later 5 weeks premature. I brought her to the office for my 6 week follow up visit and he just walked past us and didn't even care to look at the baby he'd been treating the past 8 months. His office staff is not friendly at all. Very hateful and nonsympathetic to any concerns. I will never use this Dr. again. He is more concerned about money and pushing patients through than the patient and unborn child.

November 9th, 2010
Dr. Thornton is an incredible doctor. Very caring and spends as much time as needed and does not make you feel rushed at all. He is difficult to get appointments with because he is so good! Excellent Dr!

August 17th, 2010
dr. thorton
wish i could speak with the dr. thorton myself over the phone. when i really need to talk to him he is my doctor. i feel comfortable speaking with him.

March 14th, 2010
dr thorton is a exceptional dr his bedside manner is excellant and he's nursing staff are wonderful. i will never have another ob/gyn if it is in m control

January 19th, 2010
Terrible obgyn. Because of his negligence, my son and I could have died during his birth.