Emergency Physician, Internist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. Appleton show details Dr. Appleton
May 8th, 2015

Did not care to listen. Talked down to me and belittled. Stormed out of room. Rude.

Apr 7th, 2015

Has her own agenda and doesn't listen to or care about patient! Never again!

Waste of time. show details Waste of time.
by Jane Doe on Mar 27th, 2015

This doctor was awful! They told me to come 15 mins early to my appointment. I did, and waited in the waiting area a nothing 80 mins. After finally seeing the doctor, she was very dismissive of my concerns and opinions and only pushed her own. I was a new patient and she didn't even do a physical exam. Waste of my time and money towards a copay. She completely lacks common respect and compassion. And frankly, I hope she reads this.

Feb 25th, 2015

One of the worst experiences I have had with a doctor. No genuine care for patients.

Bert Fish Patient show details Bert Fish Patient
Nov 20th, 2014

I was truly appalled by her lack of social skills. She was the stand out doctor and not in a good way who came to see me while admitted at Bert Fish who patronized me, dismissed me and gave opinions I never asked for. I was told that she had seen real pain and I was clearly not experiencing such. And if i tried to speak she dismissed me telling me to listen because she is too busy and what she had to say was important. Within 12 hours of seeing her I was transferred to a hospital with the specialist needed and surgery was performed instantly relieving my pain which to me was intolerable. I could never recommend her to anyone.

Claudia Allen ( wife) going thru cancer treatment show details Claudia Allen ( wife) going thru cancer treatment
by Preston Allen on Jul 31st, 2014

Dr. Staci Appleton detected my wife condition. We have seven doctors seeing my wife and staci is only one who has care and follow up on all of the treatments.she is a great doctor.

University Professor show details University Professor
by Ann M on Jan 1st, 2014

Dr. Appleton was very thorough, going beyond just the problem I presented to the emergency room with. Was caring, going over risk factors for problems in the future. Offered pain medication but listened to me when I indicated I did not want any pain medication. At the same time she was very straight forward with the diagnosis and information she provided; to the point, good eye contact and confirmed I understood what she said. Very professional, recognizing my independence as a patient; NOT an old fashioned handholding authoritative dominant MD - she recognized my autonomy and intelligence as a patient!

Patient at Bert Fish Medical Emergency show details Patient at Bert Fish Medical Emergency
by Theresa Dees on Aug 29th, 2013

This woman has absolutely NO bedside manner. She had no interest in my pain whatsoever!!! Treated me as subhuman as she apparently is on one big power trip. I have never written a review on someone before but getting this Doctor was very unfortunate for me all the way around. Also she let me know she does NOT believe in chiropractors as though she had a personal vendetta and I also told her I had Fibromyalgia and she bluntly told me she does NOT believe in Fibromyalgis. These were opinions I DID NOT ask for... Well don't you just know everything Ms Appleton... You need to check yourself!!!!

Mar 8th, 2013

My mother is beginning to lose control of her bowels, when we took her in today to see the doctor about this the nurse AND Dr. Appleton both laughed at her, I am NOT kidding, they laughed!! It is not a laughing matter, this is serious, but this unprofessional doctor finds it amusing. Also, they do not allow anyone to go back in the room with her. My mother has trouble remembering, but no one is allowed to go back with her. Plus, the nurse constantly calls my mother by the wrong name. I have had enough, she will have a new doctor on Monday!

Feb 13th, 2013

I've seen the doctor twice and had no issues with her but with one exception, I found the follow-up by her staff and assistance with questions completely lacking. In the end I felt abused by the staff in almost every interaction.

Dr. Appleton gets the job done. show details Dr. Appleton gets the job done.
Aug 15th, 2012

She is a very thorough, by the book doctor. She is terrific!

Jul 10th, 2012

I am a 65 year old female. First saw Dr. Appleton in the emergency room as I didn't have an internist. I felt that she covered the bases in trying to diagnose my problem.When I came to her office I continued to have confidence in her abilities.I would have to say that her office staff is as strong and sharp tongued as the Dr., creating a "power struggle" which does make me feel stressed each time I go into the office. The personality go round is clearly "follow the DR.'s orders or find yourself another Dr." She is not the lady to see if you have a soft heart or constitution. Her bedside manner just isn't there.

Tom Sagmiller show details Tom Sagmiller
Nov 2nd, 2011

I would give Dr. Appleton 5 stars. Completely professional in every way. One could not find a better physician in my view.

Apr 6th, 2011

Dr. Appleton is capable, but tends to form opinions without using all diagnostics available.Her staff is rude, short and unwilling to be of service, cutting off questions.

Office Staff has a problem show details Office Staff has a problem
Jul 31st, 2010

Had issues from the very start, I believe mainly with the person who does the billing. First I was told I MUST provide my SSN and was pressured into providing it. I reluctantly did so after requesting it not be accessible to just anyone in the office. When my first bill arrives...there is my SSN being used as my acct. number! Then I had an issue with how the visit was "coded", my insurance company and I believed it should be "preventative" as I did not even change into an exam gown during the visit, etc. The person in billing, on the phone with both myself and insurance co. rep., insisted it was an office visit and could not be changed and her attitude was quite negative if not rude. (This cost me $$ as I am entitled to one prev. care visit annually under my plan). Then someone in the office was to call in a refill of a prescription and I find out 3 weeks later when I returned from vacation they had never done so. There were other issues as well but you probably get the picture...this was only from one visit!