Internists, Emergency Physician

161 N Causeway
Ste C
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169
(386) 424-8440
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Claudia Allen ( wife) going thru cancer treatment  |  show details
by Preston Allen on Jul 31st, 2014

Dr. Staci Appleton detected my wife condition. We have seven doctors seeing my wife and staci is only one who has care and follow up on all of the treatments.she is a great doctor.

|  University Professor  |  show details
by Ann M on Jan 1st, 2014

Dr. Appleton was very thorough, going beyond just the problem I presented to the emergency room with. Was caring, going over risk factors for problems in the future. Offered pain medication but listened to me when I indicated I did not want any pain medication. At the same time she was very straight forward with the diagnosis and information she provided; to the point, good eye contact and confirmed I understood what she said. Very professional, recognizing my independence as a patient; NOT an old fashioned handholding authoritative dominant MD - she recognized my autonomy and intelligence as a patient!

|  Patient at Bert Fish Medical Emergency  |  show details
by Theresa Dees on Aug 29th, 2013

This woman has absolutely NO bedside manner. She had no interest in my pain whatsoever!!! Treated me as subhuman as she apparently is on one big power trip. I have never written a review on someone before but getting this Doctor was very unfortunate for me all the way around. Also she let me know she does NOT believe in chiropractors as though she had a personal vendetta and I also told her I had Fibromyalgia and she bluntly told me she does NOT believe in Fibromyalgis. These were opinions I DID NOT ask for... Well don't you just know everything Ms Appleton... You need to check yourself!!!!

Mar 8th, 2013

My mother is beginning to lose control of her bowels, when we took her in today to see the doctor about this the nurse AND Dr. Appleton both laughed at her, I am NOT kidding, they laughed!! It is not a laughing matter, this is serious, but this unprofessional doctor finds it amusing. Also, they do not allow anyone to go back in the room with her. My mother has trouble remembering, but no one is allowed to go back with her. Plus, the nurse constantly calls my mother by the wrong name. I have had enough, she will have a new doctor on Monday!

Feb 13th, 2013

I've seen the doctor twice and had no issues with her but with one exception, I found the follow-up by her staff and assistance with questions completely lacking. In the end I felt abused by the staff in almost every interaction.

|  Dr. Appleton gets the job done.  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

She is a very thorough, by the book doctor. She is terrific!

Jul 10th, 2012

I am a 65 year old female. First saw Dr. Appleton in the emergency room as I didn't have an internist. I felt that she covered the bases in trying to diagnose my problem.When I came to her office I continued to have confidence in her abilities.I would have to say that her office staff is as strong and sharp tongued as the Dr., creating a "power struggle" which does make me feel stressed each time I go into the office. The personality go round is clearly "follow the DR.'s orders or find yourself another Dr." She is not the lady to see if you have a soft heart or constitution. Her bedside manner just isn't there.

|  Tom Sagmiller  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

I would give Dr. Appleton 5 stars. Completely professional in every way. One could not find a better physician in my view.

Apr 6th, 2011

Dr. Appleton is capable, but tends to form opinions without using all diagnostics available.Her staff is rude, short and unwilling to be of service, cutting off questions.

|  Office Staff has a problem  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2010

Had issues from the very start, I believe mainly with the person who does the billing. First I was told I MUST provide my SSN and was pressured into providing it. I reluctantly did so after requesting it not be accessible to just anyone in the office. When my first bill arrives...there is my SSN being used as my acct. number! Then I had an issue with how the visit was "coded", my insurance company and I believed it should be "preventative" as I did not even change into an exam gown during the visit, etc. The person in billing, on the phone with both myself and insurance co. rep., insisted it was an office visit and could not be changed and her attitude was quite negative if not rude. (This cost me $$ as I am entitled to one prev. care visit annually under my plan). Then someone in the office was to call in a refill of a prescription and I find out 3 weeks later when I returned from vacation they had never done so. There were other issues as well but you probably get the picture...this was only from one visit!