Dr. Staci Mayer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 31st, 2011
Personable
I have seen this doctor for five years. Dr. Mayer is always kind and puts me at ease. She is focused on me at the appointments and seems to remember a lot about me personally. Her staff is really nice. I have always been able to get my lab draws and ultrasounds right in her office. Highly recommend!!

November 8th, 2010
seems nice
I had one visit with her and felt she was very nice. She seemed to be concerned for me and explained everything thoroughly.

October 1st, 2010
Poor Bedside Manner
I know that Dr. Mayer is one of Phoenix's "Top Docs" but that wasn't my experience with her. I found her condescending, sarcastic, and brusque. She brushed aside my attempts at discussing a birth plan, and rushed me out of there. I love and would like to exclusively deal with Dr. Hebets (another doctor in the practice) but there's no guarantee who I'll get on The Day. I've been through a lot of high-tech, impersonal, sometimes rude and painful medicine to get pregnant, and now I want my team to be supportive, encouraging and nice to me. I don't think that's too much to expect.

August 19th, 2010
Great doctor!
Dr. Mayer has been my gyn for years and always remembers me even though I'm seen once a year. She is always glad to see me. Great doctor and very concerned about this patient.

August 9th, 2010
Very personable!
Had heard great things from my sister about Dr. Mayer (who has delivered both her kids). I needed a second opinion on having surgery. Dr. Mayer sat with me -FULLY CLOTHED- during our initial meeting. She talked about all of the options for my pain. She ordered labs and an ultrasound - and did both in her office...which was really convenient. Options besides surgery were offered. I ultimately did have surgery with her. Not only did she spend time with my husband in the waiting room after surgery to tell him all the findings, but she personally called me in the hospital that night! Dr. Mayer is very caring. I would recommend her to anyone!

June 21st, 2010
Great Bedside Manner
Dr. Mayer was recommended by a friend. I had to wait a while to get an appointment with her, but it was well worth it. She was very knowledgeable and easy to speak with. She made me feel at ease. I did not feel that she rushed me through the appointment. She addressed all of my concerns. I highly recommend her!

February 14th, 2010
Insensitive and ill-informed
Insensitive and ill-informed are the words I will use to describe Staci Mayer. We visited her office during early pregnancy. She didn't meet us during any of the initial visits. Rather her NP (laura) saw us and even sometimes their radiologist expert Mary. After a couple of examinations Mary and Laura told us that we have an ectopic pregnancy and we need an immediate D&C. Also not sure why, Mary always seemed to push for fertilization drugs after the D&C. We requested to talk to Staci Mayer, even left her 3 messages but she never met with us. What was surprising was that all the medical information for the tests was conveyed to us from the medical staff (who seemed to consider themselves as doctor as well). Staci finally met us and recommended an immediate D&C. We then sought a second opinion and turned out it was not an ectopic pregnancy. Also our new doctor suggested (based on ultrasound and HCG results) that it was too early for anyone to call the pregnancy as ectopic. If ours was a sensitive case (ectopic pregnancy), shouldn't the doctor atleast talk to us in person and explain everything? How come on the basis of 3 HCG ratings 2 ultrasounds her staff (not sure if she was even aware) concluded it to be an ectopic pregnancy? The ultrasounds always showed the tubes to be clear. One of the ultrasounds was done outside and the comments on that ultrasound suggested to repeat it after 7-10 days. Then how was it concluded it was an ectopic pregnancy? Hopefully we were an exception for Staci where an ill judgement was made. We can only wish that rest of the folks who see her are treated better.