Dr. Stacy Bacon Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Stacy Bacon?

Mike B Cy-Fair

Posted on September 29th, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Bacon to anyone having foot/ankle problems. I had a ruptured right Achilles tendon - I received excellent care - great staff: Eric, Kari, Jose) - very professional and to the point on what I needed to do. I am happy to say - I am back to exercising again (NO jumping or running). THANK YOU DR. BACON and team.

Posted on February 8th, 2017

I fell and broke my ankle in two places. I called Advance Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. I was able to get an appointment with Dr. Bacon one hour from when I called. The front office staff was very friendly, courteous and concerned about my injury. Dr. Bacon was very professional, knowledgeable and thorough. She explained my break and what would be needed to repair my ankle. It required surgery with pins and a plate. I felt very comfortable and confident in her recommendations. After surgery, I had several follow up visits in her office. I met Jose Martinez, her clinician. He was very personable and always greeted me with a smile. I was seen numerous time by Erik Sauder, her PA. He was also very knowledgeable, professional and thorough. Erik provided quality patient care. He was able to meet all of my needs and concerns. I was given the opportunity to request to see Dr. Bacon whenever needed. Dr. Bacon conducted my final visit. It was a long road to recovery, but Dr. Bacon and her exceptional staff made the road a lot smoother and less bumpy. I would highly recommend Dr. Bacon to my family and friends. Dr. Bacon is an excellent surgeon! She has surrounded herself with exceptional staff members who make sure all of her patients’ needs and concerns are met with quality patient care.

Posted on March 11th, 2016

I will definitely choose Dr.Bacon again if I need to. She did a fabulous job fixing my broken ankle. I always knew what to expect throughout the process.

Posted on February 24th, 2016

Dr. Bacon's staff and PT were great. Unfortunately, out of three visits I saw her once for maybe 1 minute and she didn't even ask if I had any questions. My injury was probably something she routinely sees and it was obvious she was less than interested in personalizing the patient experience. There are too many better options out there to waste your time with a doctor that cannot offer you better service. Pick another doctor if you can.

Was treated with no care!

Posted on October 28th, 2015

Can not rate the dr. Because I was given to her PA. I was not asked if this was ok! Then I was diagnosed with "I think you have....." ! Big waste of my time and money. Another patient was told they carry his insurance over the phone until he got there, then was told "sorry for the inconvenience"! Really? When you can't treat patients that ask you for YOU, don't schedule the appointment! Very rude and uncaring!

Doctor's Response

I have every patient sign a bright pink or green piece of paper stating that they may be seen by the PA but if they would like to be seen by me to please ask. I also have this posted in the exam rooms. In regards to the insurance issue I have looked into this. We are out of network with some insurances but try to accommodate everyone. I don't think the staffs apology was inappropriate or rude.

Misdiagnosed and Dismissed

Posted on October 20th, 2015

Came in for a right mid foot injury. Was told it was a fractured cuboid by Dr. Bacon. She refused to show me my X-Ray and MRI of my foot, and assured me it was broken. They casted it and signed me up for 6 weeks of PT. Got second opinion, no fracture found, merely a sprained cuboid ligament. This changed the prognosis significantly. When I confronted Dr. Bacon, she got angry and told me to leave the office. She was very unprofessional. Once you go there for your self, you'll see that the practice being run there is a physical therapy factory, They have PT built into the office, so they cast everyone and assign them PT to tackle the atrophy of wearing a cast. Stay way.

Doctor's Response

I never refuse to show patients their MRI/radiographs. Also if I place someone in a cast I do not send them to PT till they are out of a cast. I also have Never told someone to leave the office if a patient has questions. There is no factual basis to this statement.

Leg stilll attached!

Posted on March 20th, 2015

This doctor saved my leg! had a 50 percent chance of losing it and now its even better than it was. had to have an external fixator due to infection and loss of bone. All better now! Staff- nice staff, Eric is the only name i can remember but they all nice punctuality. She almost always sees me early including for surgery. Helpfulness- I was told all the things that i was going to have to go through. also all the staff was very encouraging. Knowledge- not only was my leg saved and even put to the right length but I've heard that she was the one of the best from multiple sources. Thank you Dr. Bacon! loving the walking.

Great physician

Posted on March 16th, 2015

I had a great experience with this physician. I got in promptly but did wait a bit to see her. No big deal though. Actually made me happy. Who wants to see a SURGEON that is in and out of their patients room? Not me. Just like what I experienced that tells me that she spends time with patients. Very nice, corteous and to me level. Did not talk down to me like some doctors do, just because they are doctors. Got my diagnosis and treatment plan and I left the office with a lot of literature (handouts and stretches) to help me better understand my condition. Her staff was awesome too. Very nice experience. Would definately recommend

I like Dr. Bacon

Posted on July 3rd, 2014

Dr. Bacon is a fine surgeon. I have had two procedures with her over the last 5 years. She took care of my foot problem. Her only short coming is in bedside manner but I always got my questions answered and received adequate care and advice. Her staff is good. Getting an appointment or paperwork/insurance was always handled well.

Awful

Posted on December 28th, 2013

I can hardly describe how awful this woman was as a human and a doctor, I told her I was getting worse after her prescribing "stretching" exercises and she gave me $5 gel heel pads. A few days later my Achilles tendon became completely ruptured and rolled up into my calf. My symptoms had changed since the first visit (because the tendon was shredding) and she yelled at me for calling the visit a "follow up" rather than a new problem (although it was only a few weeks after initial visit and was the same problem). She had her staff X-ray the wrong part of my leg and I had to tell/beg them to start lower down (whereat the Achilles is) and questioned her wanting an X-ray for a tendon problem. She also doesn't listen, can't keep her focus and seems only interested in making money. Also, one can't get ahold of her (she prescribed a medication contraindicated for me and wouldn't take my call, only let her assistant tell me that's the only one she prescribed. Just really terrible, staff is also extremely rude. I'm not even exaggerating.

Patient

Posted on November 20th, 2013

Very poor service. I'm sure Dr. Bacon is a fine physician, however I wouldn't know because she sent her PA to see me...even though I was first or second appointment of the day at the Willowbrook office. Perhaps even more telling of their lack of concern for patient service. There was a very political news station on the television in the waiting room. I was the only one in the room and asked the receptionist if she could change the station b/c I found the show a bit offensive. She was very nice, but said she get's that request ALL THE TIME, but is not allowed to change it. Hard to imagine a service oriented that knowingly offends half or more of it's patients with it's selection of networks...and refuses to find something more neutral. I will seek medical care elsewhere.

Posted on September 19th, 2012

I suffered with genetic flat feet my whole life. I saw doctors almost every year until I was 14. At 26, the pain got to be too much. I went to Dr Bacon and I loved her conservative approach. She tried to avoid surgery at all costs, but my left foot was too severe. I had gastroc lengthening surgery. The pain wasn't too bad (they took good care of me). The recovery was 6 weeks in a walking cast. I'm a teacher, so it was important that I could be on my feet. Dr Bacon has been wonderful with working with my teaching schedule to ensure I'm able to do y job well. It's been 2 months since the surgery and I am so pleased with the results. The staff was also wonderful. What a great doctor and team!