Dr. Stacy Berckes MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Mount Dora, FL

3.1

April 19th, 2017
Don't go here if you value your money.
I read the reviews, I am not a junky looking to get high or someone looking for pain meds. I am a person in pain and needed a qualified Doctor Who has compassion and who has empathy to a person's pain. I was very disrespected by this man on my first visit he checked my reflexes and that was all. He told me what the course of action was did not ask me my pain level he told me I would never be able to work in in my field that I was in again. I questioned the cost of my visit one was $130 and the other was going to be $275. So he called and canceled my appointment to get my injection for my back. I will never go back to this quack doctor again. I am doing all I can to report this man to whatever medical board I need to he overcharges and he's unethical. Do not come to this doctor if you're not over 60 years old and have a mind of your own. He is stuck in the 1950s with the way he handled his patients and his bedside manner. I see why he has openings when other pain management doctors have three week appointments don't come here.

April 16th, 2015
0/10 experience. Awful.
Waiting room staff and nurses were excellent: kind, helpful and patient. Checked in and was in the exam room within 20 minutes (not bad). My experience with Dr. Stacy John Berckes, however, was absolutely atrocious. He was rude and abrupt. The way he treated me throughout the visit was demeaning. He consistently belittled me and criticized my efforts. I had many alternatives to this medical center and I regret choosing his. Despite paying a hefty fee for his service, I will absolutely not return to this facility and will recommend it to no one. Find a doctor who appreciates your business and is willing to give you guidance and suggestions not solely in the interest of their reputation. I give this 1 star simply because I cannot put zero.

February 26th, 2015
Doctor Experience
Doctor has no compassion. Everything I asked, he gave no answer. Ignored my concerns and questions. Rude and over an hour late each time in examining room with no apology. If he isn't giving you a shot, he has no knowledge or care to offer anything to ease the pain. I have been there three times, and will never return. Beware!

July 10th, 2013
He's NOT a Pain Clinic For Addicts!
Dr. Berckes is not your typical pain clinic doctor, consequently people who are looking for a quick RX get mad and leave bad reviews. I've been a patient for over 4 years and he has always spent plenty of time with me reviewing my chart and discussing all options for my chronic progressive condition. While I admit he does have an odd personality that not everyone understands, I still feel he is a well experienced and knowledgable doctor. Believe me, at $133 every 4-6 weeks due to my high deductible Humana policy, if I weren't satisfied I would have stopped going a long time ago.

June 13th, 2013
So rude!
The lady that called me about the appointment, Pam, was super nice and got me a fast appointment. The ladies at the front desk were polite. However, nobody let me know prior I'd have to pay $180 upfront. Dr. Berckes spoke down to me and argued with anything I said. He was arrogant and showed very little concern for my issue. I mentioned several things that he laughed at, in a rude way. He kept saying things like, "You can do what you want, but I'm right". I wasn't even arguing, I tried to ask questions, he put them down as if they weren't important. I ended up asking him to leave the room so I could go. I ended up calling them, after I calmed down a bit, to have them refund the money. The lady at the desk was very polite and said they already voided the transaction. That was a nice surprise, except it made me think they are used to something like that happening.

September 5th, 2012
Dr. Berckes has always been very professional, knows his patients and shows a caring attitude. His nursing staff is always nice and caring.

January 1st, 2012
Dr. Quack
The "doctor" didn't look at my chart, had no clue why I was there, tested my reflexes which my 5-year old nephew does too and he even knows there is nothing wrong with them. In order to establish his "easy money", he said he can't do anything even though I was there for a simple condition with a simple referral for pain medicine. He fraudulently took my $250 (which they originally wanted cash there). I have never had such incompetence before from a doctor. He's rude, ignorant and a fraud. Please look elsewhere for a competent, not ignorant doctor.

December 27th, 2011
Horrible Experience
Totally suprised by his lack of competence. Treated me for mid-back pain when I NEVER described ANY problems with my MID BACK. VERY condecending in tone. Spoke poorly of the care I was recieving from my primary physician. I would never refer to his practice.