Dr. Stacy Bowen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stacy Bowen?

Binge Eating Disorder

Binge Eating Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Stacy Bowen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 13th, 2017

New Patient

very nice and to the point. I liked that she listened to my concerns and told me hers.

July 20th, 2016

Theres a 1st time for Everything....& a last!

id love to give no star but its not an option. ive never felt so uncomfortable & awkward with a doctor in my life. she was pretending to type something on her computer the entire time. she didn't look me in the eye once, nor did she smile or have any tone in her voice. if she ever reads this i hope she can understand that not looking someone in the face makes them feel like what you're saying to them is unimportant and you dont care about how they are feeling. pretty sure the person you go to to seek advice on your medical physical mental well being should make you feel the opposite of irrelevant . it was my first & last visit thats for certain.

July 19th, 2016

Thanks for nothing

I had not been to the doctor in about 5 years and have been experiencing some debilitating back pain as of lately. My appointment was in and out in less than 10 minutes as a new patient. No medical history was recorded despite my comments that I had not been to a doctor in over 5 years, Dr. Bowen interrupted anything I'd say, and she has absolutely no compassion whatsoever. This was my first visit to a doctor in years, I had no labs done, no questions answered (I couldn't even ask without being interrupted) and the conditions of my health have not improved due to a complete lack of care. I never imagined experiencing such a dismissive physician and I see no need to return to this office or recommend anyone to see Dr.Bowen.

July 19th, 2016

Go to anyone else........anyone

I went to Dr. Bowen after not seeing a physician since my pediatrician due to inadequate insurance coverage - I am now in my mid 20s, have not been to a doctor in 7 years, and began experiencing severe lower back pain. I requested a full check up due to gaps in health care. Dr. Bowen interrupted every statement I tried to make, was short, rude, and had no bedside manner whatsoever. I received no orders for lab work of any kind and had no physical exam. I was interrupted every time I tried to provide relevant medical information necessary for any healthcare provider to know.

April 11th, 2016

Great

She is a good Doctor. I would recommend her to everyone that will listen to her. She is straight forward with you. I like her!!!

March 2nd, 2016

Current Patient

Dr. Stacey Bowen is excellent. I switched to her for my family doctor. She has done an exceptional job and I would highly recommend her. Her office is conveniently located in Sylvania, OH and her staff does a great job as well.

March 1st, 2016

Horrible experience!!! Went in as a new patient for yearly physical. She did not have me put on a gown or do a physical exam. She did not discuss my history of cancer. She did not have any eye contact. She typed at the computer the whole time. She was in the room for 10mins for a yearly physical. I can not put my healthcare in her hands!! Not a chance!! I won't be going back!

February 18th, 2016

Very rude and talks as if I'm beneath her

December 9th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Bowen for nearly 3 years and while I have frequently had long wait times in the office, I have never had a visit with Dr. Bowen as bad as this one. However it was bad enough that I will now be looking for a new PCP. My appointment was scheduled for 3:15 and I did not see Dr. Bowen until after 5 p.m. She was obviously very behind and felt the need to try to make up for that time during her visit with me. She spent about 5 minutes in my room and I did not feel as though she was listening to me at all. I came in to inquire about genetic testing for which I had known family history. Dr. Bowen argued with me about a family member's test result. I tried to explain to Dr. Bowen that I sat in on a genetic counselor appointment explaining the results but Dr. Bowen accused me of "getting nasty" with her and that basically ended the appointment. I was not in any way "nasty" but I had done my research prior to the appointment. I believe she just didn't want to take the time to hear me out - she was clearly acting very impatient. She made her nurse bring in the script for the test result - which wasn't even specific for the test I wanted. When I asked about doing a specific gene mutation test Dr. Bowen yelled to me, from outside of the patient room where I was still seated, that they don't do the testing for specific mutations - just the whole panel. This is simply not true. I have had two genetic counselors tell me I can get the single mutation tested. I also found it in the testing catalog for my laboratory's reference lab. Then I found a doctor who order the specific single mutation test for me. Dr. Bowen clearly just did not want to take the time to figure this out. Had I not already spent over two hours in the office at that point I would have tried to explain this, but I was running late for work. I was very upset over the way the appointment went and I am now actively searching for a new primary care physician.

November 24th, 2015

Not sure how or why she's still a physician. While she is straightforward in her approach to your issues, she is quick to dismiss you and move on to the next patient. This is unfortunate, especially based on the amount of time you have to wait for her to talk to you. I truly believe that this is not the doctor that she set out to become, and she would benefit herself and those that entrust their well-being to her, by focusing on the ones that rely on her the most, her patients.

October 7th, 2015

My 2 daughters and my self have been going to Dr. Bowen for at least the past 19 years. She is very friendly, straight forward and thorough. I highly recommend her!

September 30th, 2015

Dr.Bowen has no bedside manner,and folow-ups are very inconsistent.i will be switching doctors soon.