Dr. Stacy Granner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stacy Granner?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Stacy Granner?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 7th, 2014

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

My daughter was born with a tethered spinal cord (this was diagnosed 3 months later in Iowa City, NOT BY HER). The area of concern showed a scar like veiny patch the shape of an eye. She ran an ultra sound test on my daughter which came out fine, this was the day after she was born. I asked her for a second opinion to a neuro doc and she refused me. As days and weeks progressed the area changed with more veins and color, I saw it every time I changed her diaper, I knew it was changing and my gut told me somethings wrong! If your doctor won't listen to you move on to one who will. I asked her at least three times for a referral, and she said no it was not necessary and I would be wasting their time. At one appointment, I told her I feel there is something seriously wrong as she was heading out the door, she turned and looked at me and rolled her eyes at me as she said again she was fine. That is not how you treat anyone let alone a worried parent. Her bedside manner is atrocious, and she is very impersonal for a doctor, let alone a pediatric doctor. Finally she agreed to a referral, to a plastic surgeon!!! No, I'm not making this up, I said to her oh so he can basically cover up the scar like patch and she said yes, but maybe when she is older. Well, I took the referral because I would attempt to ask this doctor for a referral to a neuro doctor in Iowa City. This plastic surgeon new right away when he looked at it what it was, and could not understand why Dr. Granner referred us to him. Well, I got the referral to the most wonderful dr. for this type of problem and my child was diagnosed correctly. After the surgery I made an appointment to see Dr. Granner and to let her go as my baby doctor. From the conversation we had I realized she never took the time to read the report Iowa City sent her, because I had to explain to her what surgery she had. She did not even apologize to me for her behavior or putting me through weeks of worry and refusing referrals to me. I had a few friends tell me I should have sued her as I had an obligation to future parents/patients, because if I would have trusted her diagnosis my daughter would have faced a life with many problems, but thats just not in my character. I did follow up with the Iowa Medical Board about Dr. Granner concerning my daughters case though. Thats serious business when you are a concerned parent and you believe your child needs further examination and your current doctor you are trusting and paying decides to play god and know it all and is refusing you a second opinion. I have always hoped that since my daughters case that this dr. had learned a great lesson, that if your patient wants a second opinion they have that right, I can only hope that she has.

November 21st, 2011

Dr. Granner very thorough

Dr. Granner caught a fellow Iowa City physician's error that had sent my son to the emergency room. She is VERY thorough and I would highly recommend her if you want through explanations and getting down to the sources of health problems. She is friendly and very knowledgeable.

January 25th, 2011

I Trust The Lives of My Children With Dr. Granner

We were very fortunate to have met Dr. Granner after the birth of our first child, a daughter. She is now 4 1/2 years old. We also have a 3 year old son and are expecting another child soon. Dr. Granner was very gracious in spending extra time answering the questions of first-time parents as we were concerned about many things as our children began to grow. We always felt comfortable asking all of these little questions and asking for advice with different situations. Dr. Granner has proven that she genuinely cares for the well-being of our children and has shown her medical ability in diagnosing illnesses quickly so that our children could get on the road to recovery without delay. Our kids love Dr. Granner because of her bedside manner and her way with the children. The kids know that they will feel better after seeing Dr. Granner. We are fortunate to have her around. We recommend her as a pediatrician to anyone that wants professional, skilled care from a doctor that cares about their patients.

April 15th, 2009

The worst doctor that I've been to. I have never had a doctor not listen to me, and treat me like I didn't know what I was talking about. Thanks to her actions, my husband and I were treated poorly, like we were guilty of something, by other doctors that we have seen since. And all because, no including Granner, would listen to the facts.

August 30th, 2015