Emergency Physician

6300 La Calma Dr
Ste 200
Austin, TX 78752
512-452-8533
Locations and availability (2)

1.0

|  ER visit June 18, 2012  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2012

My Aicardi syndrome daughter was brought in, sent by ambulance after an ARC pediatrician had seen her, done xrays and bloodwork quickly, O2 was low, distended bladder, she did not like the xray of abdomen or chest (but said the chest xray may have had movement from my daughter) My daughter is fragile and severly disabled, non-verbal, non-ambulatory. Dr. Rice walked in the room and without laying a hand on her said "yes, it looks like the same cold virus I've seen in the last 3 rooms." I asked "Did you look at the xrays?" He answered with "xrays? there are xrays?" Yes, she is not wetting her diaper, she's foaming at the mouth all day and lethargic and at 5pm this evening spiked a fever of 103.6. Long story, but my child had a UTI, which is what I had suggested all along, but there was no way no how they were going to administer antibiotics. They took a urine sample, that was iffy, but THEY DID NOT RUN A CULTURE. The ER suggested I take her home and give her comfort care. No, admit her I said. They made quite the money giving her tylenol every 4 hours to keep the fever down and by Wed (2 days)rarely seeing a doctor, I began to demand antibiotics (now we are to Dr. Williams and Dr. Campbell) both telling me there is no infection to treat. I speak for my daughter, b/c she cannot. I ordered them to do another UA because I was sure that we came in with one on Monday. They didn't want to but they did;b/c I wasn't taking no for an answer. UA WBC was "too numerous". I sat for days watching my daughter deteriate before my eyes and suffer while Dell hospital made it's money. intravenous antibiotics by Thursday morning and no more fever and was released THANK GOD by Friday 6/22/12. I do not recommend this Doctor, this ER or Dell hospital for the non-verbal, b/c what these Dell Doctors have yet to learn is 'listen to the parent/s of a non-verbal child and consider what they say in all seriousness. Drop the ego, and listen. Since Dell Hospital has been open it is the worst doctors I've seen in almost 16 years of seeing plenty of ERs and specialists. Dallas hospitals have the care you need and deserve. She almost died, and would have had I taken the Doctor's prognosis and taken her home without further testing.