Dr. Standiford Helm Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Standiford Helm?

August 29th, 2017

Very good doctor for pain management

Dr Helm was my doctor for around a year. I had to change due to he was a few hours away and the drive was very painful. Dr Helm went way above most doctors and was able to get a year of access to a heated pool for me to do aqua therapy. He has to submit a lot of paperwork and appeals to get this approved for me as I am in the workers' compensation system. This pool therapy did help me and now I am doing land therapy. Without this kind hearted no nonsense doctor helping me I would have been still stuck. I told him I want to get back to work but did not receive enough physical therapy to get me there due to limits in the California work comp system. I now have a chance of getting better due to what he did for me. He also gave me SI joint injections that eased my pain. I do not understand the negative comments. He is an honest straight forward doctor, and I like this about him. I will never forget what you did to help me Dr Helm. Mary C

January 28th, 2017

Big Disappointment

This doctor used to be a decent and professional human being; a long time ago, but not anymore, based on my experience. He is downright verbally abusive towards me, as well as condescending and sarcastic, he stopped listening a long time ago, and seems to always be in a hurry to get out of the room . Not sure what happened to him, but he doesn't seem to be concerned about the welfare of his patients--at least, from my observations. This has been my experience alone. I don't recommend him..

March 12th, 2016

Want a rude Dr?

Heaven forbid you have an emergency and need to speak to this Dr. after hours! Completely rude and condescending! He was always the on call Dr. when I was going to this office. Never was he any help!

March 6th, 2016

Consumer

Check my yelp review regarding these people ...Complete Morons is the nicest way to describe the support staff of this doctor....

February 20th, 2016

I hate to say this but it seemed more of a pill mill clinic to me.

April 23rd, 2015

No Follow-up or Care

Dr. Chen was nice but did not really care and follow through, plus office staff were pathetic. I couldn't even get an order for an MRI after calling & calling. Frustrating! See my more thorough Yelp review.

March 3rd, 2015

Bad doctor

Horrible, abusive doctor. They used to have a nice PA there called Lilly. She was wonderful. Dr. Helm is a nightmare.

February 21st, 2014

I'm a patient of Dr.Helm for the past 4 years. He has always been very positive when I was very doubtful. Not every patient is the same as many people have successfully had a scary. It didn't work for me. Though we tried and failed I was on pain meds and now I'm off all pain meds. I still have chronic pain along with many other problem with my neck back and carpal tunnel. But with out Dr helm and his understanding and thoroughly explanation of treatment. I very well could be opioid dependant. I am a mom and did not like the way the medication made me feel. I told Dr.Helm I didn't like who I was. I'm choosing to live with pain and coping with it. Then opioid dependence. I will always recommend Dr. Helm to anyone who needs pain management. Thanks for never giving up on me Dr. Helm. Much love

February 17th, 2014

awesome doctor

I have been a patient of Dr helm for a while. Hands down the best Dr and best staff. They treat me with respect. And treat my back with the best care. Very happy.

January 20th, 2014

You are lucky to be at Dr. Helm's

Dr. Helms compassion and his willingness to stay late in the office one evening to inject my back with steroid-markane to mitigate the vicious and massive attack of Shingles I contracted made a huge difference in my life. I had just finished severe chemotherapy for Lymphoma and my immune system was very weak. Of course, Shingles being a vicious and opportunistic disease, struck. I was simply overwhelmed, with lessions all over my back. Unfortunately, I did not recognize that it was shingles until it was too late for anti-viral medication to be of much help. By the time I got to Dr. Helm's, I was a mess. It was very late in the day and I had gone to the office to pick up the paperwork necessary for the first visit, which was scheduled for three days later. When Dr. Helms Office Manager saw what the situation was, she got Dr. Helm. He stayed until 6;30 doing all he could to make the incredible, indescribable pain and further nerve damage as manageable as possible.We were the last out of the office that night, and we turned out the lights. My immune system has not improved in the past six years and the Lymphoma has recurred once. During this time Dr. Helm and his staff have treated me for the nerve damage that did occur, and the periodic breakouts that have occurred. I am convinced that if it were not for Dr. Helm's willingness to go far beyond what the average Dr. would have done, my life would be close to, if not, totally unbearable. I firmly believe that as miserable as I am from the Shingles pain that remains, I would have been far, far, far worse if it were not for that day Dr. Helm chose to help me. I was one sad sack when I went into that office. If it were not for the help I got, the nerve damage may still be across my entire back and side, making life unbearable. Thanks Dr. Helm

December 11th, 2013

Exceptional patient care

Dr. Helm and his professional staff has made it possible to live with severe pain. Having seen other Doctors in the past, I was impressed with the amount of time and thorough review of my personal concerns with respect to pain management and associated treatment(s). From Dr. Helm, himself, his PA, Dr.Nguyen and the entire staff are caring, attentive and professional in every respect and I would recommend this practice as THE place to find empathy and relief from debilitating pain in Orange County. Although the evaluation tools seem cumbersome at first, it is very obvious that these tools are used as the barometer for my individual patient education and the management of my extreme pain. I have seen noticeable results with respect to range of motion and pain minimization while being under the care of Dr. Helm and his staff.

March 29th, 2013

Patient

If not for Dr. Helm and his staff, I wouldn't be walking normal today. Since 1981, I have suffered from various back problems beginning with a bulging disc. After a fall down some concrete stairs in 2000, the pain became acute and unbearable, Thankfully, I was referred to Dr. Helm by my primary care doctor. Through the years, Dr. Helm has provided various remedies that gave me much needed relief. I have always needed some type of medication, but it has always been secondary to the real treatment. Dr. Helm's arsenal of potential solutions have been numberous and medically advanced. I sum up my 13 years of experience as Dr. Helm's patient by sharing 'another' injury I had last summer. Within 10 days after a fluke injury, I couldn't even take a single baby step without crutches, and resorted to riding in an office chair around the house. Dr. Helm took the situation at hand, and I was up walking NORMALLY within weeks. I highly recommend Dr. Helm and his staff. I recognize it has been a doctor/patient partnership. The patient, myself included, must participate in the healing, such as back exercises. My injury last summer wouldn't have occurred if I was doing my exercises to keep my back/core strong. The internet provides us the forum to praise or complain ... complaining is so easily motivating. So for every complaint I feel compelled to write, I am writing a positive recommendation for a service that deserves praise. Dr. Helm deserves this hands down. Someone stated that Dr. Helm involves himself with the insurance and media industries for self-serving reasons. From first hand experience, I know this not to be true. For example, another doctor was wrongly bashed by the local media. Dr. Helm and many other medical professionals rightfully came to his defense. Personally, I want my doctors to stay current and fight for what is right. I find Dr. Helm's ethics to be right on the mark. Thank you Dr. Helm. And a special thanks to Kylea Jennings for all your professional guidance and support.