Dr. Stanford Sullum Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stanford Sullum?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Stanford Sullum?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 14th, 2013

I wish every doctor is as concerned as Dr. Sullum

I have been Dr. Sullum's patient for quite a number of years. There is no difficulty in getting an appointment and, when I arrive at the office, the actual wait time is approximately 10 minutes. Phone calls to Dr. Sullum after office hours are returned immediately.

March 19th, 2013

Disappointed patient

I asked the secretary before making the appointment whether the doctor accepted Medicare assignment and the response was yes so I made the appointment. When I received my Medicare Explanation of Benefits I discovered that Dr. Sullum had billed me for more than the approved Medicare rate. When I requested a refund I was sent it along with a statement that Dr. Sullum is a non-participating provider (which was a falsehood since I double checked with Medicare) and was informed that he no longer considered me his patient! Furthermore during the appointment Dr. Sullum accepted a call from his wife and spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with her engaged in social matters which I considered extremely rude. Also I requested that he call me by my last name instead of by my first and yet when he called to report the results of the lab tests, he addressed me by my first name - so much for my request! In his favor, he has an exquisite office (beautifully decorated and overlooking Central Park) and the office staff were very respectful. So my recommendation, if your insurance is Medicare, is to go elsewhere!

July 27th, 2016