Dr. Stanley Adkins MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 15th, 2015
Very caring Number one doctor
I had a wonderful experience with the doc. I usually come in for flight medicals only but after a few i find him very informative and helpful and now I feel he has my full confidence and I have now made him my primary doctor too. Very very caring person. He finds the time to chat with you even when he has a full office. The doc just cares. He is very busy so he will come an go from the exam room but his staff is awesome then keep up with him, it's a pleasure to see such team work

February 13th, 2015
Very kind and courteous staff.

February 17th, 2014
ame exam
The experience was terrible I arrived at my scheduled appointment time and signed in. then had to wait the typical half hour or so to be let in. Then came more waiting. All unfortunately typical but unrelated to my complaint. Finally, Stanley came into the exam room and proceeded to do the checks and was actually very informative of questions I had. After a few he went on to explain the final check he had to do a check for hernias. This was the first I've heard of this.. I was surprised and a little apprehensive and naturally nervous about giving a stranger access to my genitals. I understand It's his job, but his reaction was really weird to my hesitation. He said something along the lines of "well if you want to fly reschedule". in a extremely condescending tone and proceeded to dart toward the door before I could finish asking if it was really necessary. I tried to stop him and get him to come back in the room so we could get it over with and he suggested submitting it without doing the test. I asked him if that would work and explained I didn't want to risk it not going through? He said "we can try". Unsatisfied with that i asked again. Sensing that he was trying to blow me off. He walked away and i couldn't get to him to clarify what had just happened he even walked by me when i was paying my bill and refused to acknowledge me. Needless to say this whole experience made me feel very bad. Anyone as insensitive and as rude as this has no place in medicine. It's been three weeks now and i have yet to hear anything from the faa. I have doubts if he even submitted it I can't solo because of this jerk now. I tried a week ago to get a hold of him to ask him the status and after trying to get through to him for a week once he finally called me back the conversation (20 seconds if that) on the phone was more of the same. He has a real talent for making you feel like crap. He actually hung up on me as i briefly paused in shock over how rude and condescending he had been the first fifteen seconds of the conversation. I gather he is very nice to those he chooses to be as he seemed to be when first we met. I have no idea why he chose to act this way to me but it has caused a major disruption in my flight training and i now have to take off work again and find another doctor to perform the exam not to mention the 100.00 they charged me for this lovely experience.

February 7th, 2014
The best, and I have been to a lot due to moves.
Dr. Adkins is the best. He takes the time to listen to you. The staff is very nice and I have never had a problem with anything or anyone and I have been seeing him for over 15 years. I can say without a doubt that I trust him with my life. If I could I would have him be the one in charge of my if I was not able to, and for me that is a lot.

July 3rd, 2017