Dr. Stanley Appel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stanley Appel?

Fantastic Doctor

Posted on March 7th, 2013

I was diagnosed with PD & originally sent to Dr. Appel. My sister was diagnosed as well a couple years later. She lives in a state wherein local neuro sent her to Dr. Appel's colleague at another hospital in Houston. I joined her thinking there would be an interest in 2 family members diagnosed. I have realized that Dr. Appel spent the time and had compassion where the other team spends a few minutes with medication concern only. In fact, Dr. Appel called me himself once to talk about a concern. The "big guy" called. That was impressive.

Daughter of an ALS Victim

Posted on March 2nd, 2013

Dr. Appel and his staff were absolutely fabulous as my mom bravely battled ALS. Mom was fortunate to be placed under Dr. Appel's care and we, her family, were comforted to know she was being treated by one of the best ALS specialists in the world. Dr. Appel and his staff were always kind, helpful and professional. Unfortunately, there is no known cure for ALS. Thanks to the dedication and hard work of Dr. Appel and his staff, that may not always hold true.

No Diagnosis, telephone staff person (Ella) extremely rude

Posted on April 2nd, 2012

Dr. Appel is OK, although he doesn't have the best bedside manner. A little dismissive of questions. He is in and out of the room about twice in a 9 hour visit. The nurses are great which is the only reason I rated the office staff with a 2. The appointment person, Ella, is so ridiculously rude, that I will probably change doctors. Also my condition has never been officially diagnosed and I don't ever get any post appointment information - i.e. new studies, trials, etc...or any correspondence at all. It is a long way to travel to Dr. Appel for me and frankly not worth the effort when we get nowhere with a diagnosis and when making the appointment tries every thread of my patience. My condition is rare( whatever it is), so Dr. Appel may do very well with illnesses that can be diagnosed.

Posted on November 28th, 2011

do not know how Dr. Appel could ever get just "good" rating. He was not only passionate about his research but gave his all to his patients. I was a caregiver to my husband who had ALS and Dr. Appel and the entire clinic was so supportive at all times.

Posted on September 26th, 2017