Family Practitioner, General Practitioner, Osteopath

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Such a tragically downhill experience  |  show details
by Gavin H. White on Jun 3rd, 2014

When I started attending the office of Dr. Evans, I thought the place was great. However, as time went on, I started to encounter grueling wait times, a frustratingly rude nurse practitioner, and eventually an equally rude office management staff. They charged me a no-show fee after I waited an hour and a half and eventually had to leave to make it to work on time. Then they failed to inform me of a change in policy regarding my medication, and when I asked why I wasn't informed the month before so I could properly prepare, I was told, "I heard her tell you," as if a he-said-she-said argument held enough water to quell my qualms. The office manager got a terrible attitude with me, failed to address my concerns in even the slightest, and treated me as if my attendance was burdening their office. It was a very unfortunate experience to say the least.

Apr 15th, 2013

Do not let them assign Dr Evans to you if you are admitted into the hospital. He never came to see me and he was head of my case. The nurse asked me what he said to me because she thought he had been to see me as he was at the nurses station charting his findings. (On me)... I did not see hide nor hair of him.

|  Corporate employee  |  show details
by Michael w. Riggs on Mar 24th, 2013

I beleive Dr. Evans to be the best doctor i Have ever known. He cares about his patient's, he tells it like it is, his knowlege of all mmedicines is awsome. I appreciate all that he does for families, there is no better doctor in the area. I would give him the highest rating possible. Thank you Dr. Evans, for all that you do, and for being you.

Sep 26th, 2012

Quite possibly the best physician of my 69 year experience. Super bedside manner. Takes an extraordinary amount of time with patients. Only problem: the fellow is so busy it's sometimes near-impossible to connect with him and office waiting times can be excruciating.But...if you do get to see him, you'll come away impressed.

|  Easy t  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

Office waits are way over an hour. They are closer to 2 hour waits. The staff is extremely disrespectful of the patience time. I have been coming here for years and have tried all different times to see the dr/or other providers. It's the same accross the board, long waits! It's a cattle call business, you are treated as a number and not an individual.

|  Dr Evans is excellent, but office practices leave a lot to be deired  |  show details
by Michael on Aug 29th, 2012

The only down side on the practice is waits are long, 2 hours is not uncommon and yet if your more than 15 minutes late you get told to reschedule. I suspect that patient's frustration takes it's toll on office staff patience with clients, especially towards the end of the day.

|  DO NOT MAKE APPOINTMENT...YOU WILL NOT BE SEEN!  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

I have been a resident of Denton , TX for 23 years, I was recommended to Dr. Evans through a friend. I made a appointment 2 weeks out, on the morning of my appointment I was enroute to his office, I was notified 15 mins before my arrival that Dr. Evans would not be able to see me, he had to run to the hospital for an emergency, I was understanding this time, things happen. I rescheduled the appointment for the following week, believe it or not right before I was scheduled to arrive his office staff called again! I was shocked. I then made another appointment for a couple days later, since I was a new patient, I arrived a few mins early to fill out paperwork, my appointment was at 9:30...an hour goes by, another 30 mins, another hour...I waited 2 and a half hours!!! The girl at the front desk kept telling me just a few more mins...I was livid. As I went back finally I was fuming mad...I was waiting in a exam room after seeing the nurse...she came back and informed me that Dr. Evans had to run to the hospital he was needed...after 2 canceled visits, and waiting 2 and a half hours..I have never been treated so bad by a medical practice. Bottom line patients time is important also, if a practice cant see patients do not book them. I will never recommend any new patients to him.

|  Good DR. But hard to make personal contact  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

Does his best to accomodate, especially during crisis times

May 12th, 2012

I was only able to get in with Np's and was not impressed. After becoming severely anemic due to an issue in which the response was "it's normal" I FINALLY saw Dr. Evans. While I am not impressed with the NP's I love Dr. Evans and the fact that he is willing to sit there and answer any questions or concerns I may have no matter how long it takes. Which also makes me tolerate the wait time a little more b/c I know he is doing the same for his other pt's as he would with me. The staff isn't always nice, but they have never been overly rude either.

|  Missing the best family doctor EVER!  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

My husband and I were patients of Dr. Evans from c.1998 - 2002. He was, without question, the BEST healer we've ever had the good fortune to know. For the years we were under his care, we enjoyed more quality of life and confidence in the medical care we were receiving than at any time since. We now live in VA and the quality of physicians in this area is SO poor that we have actually considered moving back to TX so that we could once again be under the care of Dr. Evans. If you find yourself frustrated by a long wait time in his exam room, remember that he will spend as much time with YOU as is necessary and that, when a doctor does this for each of his/her patients they fall behind in their day. Wait your turn, it's well worth it!

|  excellent Doc if you can wait for his scheldule to open up  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

Dr. Evans and Shantell are great offer good care and will find the problem but wait time in the office exceeds an hour before you get out of the waiting room they are rushed and spread way to thin. I have been going here since he opened. DR. EVANS FREQUENTLY CANCELS APPOINTMENTS THAT YOU HAVE WAITED 3-4 WEEKS TO GET.I have been frusterated for a while and looking for another doc. I like evans and dont really want to change docs but sometimes i would like to see him not a PA and not wait all day in the process. I like most people cant see him a month after they get sick they need to be seen asap. He needs to tone down hospital board meetings and pay attention to his patients before he doesnt have any left

Jul 19th, 2011

My family doctor of 25 years died and I was forced to search for a replacement. I went online and was attracted by this doctor's website...VERY impressive. I called and was given an appointment time three weeks off. On the day of the appointment, I was herded into a "holding cell" that resembled a sports locker room with all the baseball equipmente on display. My appointmeent was for 10:00 . At 11:30, the doctor came rushing in, very apologetic about the 90 minute wait time, and during the 10 minutes he spent with me, I had the feeling I was not receiving his full attention. He did notice a small growth on my face and he suggested that I make an appointment to have it removed. He escorted me to his appointment desk where I was given an appointment for some minor surgery (again 3 weeks away). The appointment was for 11;45. At 9;30 the morning of the appointment, his appointment clerk called cancelling the appointment and wanting to reschedule for a date in the middle of the next month. I agreed. As I write this, it is two days before THAT appointment, and guess what!! I have just received a phone call cancelling the second appointment and wanting to reschedule a THIRD time four weeks away. I accepted the appointment, but I expressed my frustration and irritation to the appointment clerk and said that in the interim I would be searching for another doctor. Her response was polite but I had the feeling she had heard it all before, and was really thinking "Whatever!!" After 25 years of having great medical care from a truly caring physician, this experience with this doctor has been a rude shcck. In retrospect, there was not one positive moment in my brief encounter with him or his staff

May 28th, 2011

did business with the Dr. was rude, unprofessional and will never call him again

|  Doc Evans is great but spread way too thin. 60% of my appoints were cancelled as close as 2 hours before appointment scheduled out a month  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Dr Evans is great but tough to really see as I mentioned canceling appts at the drop of a hat. I have extensive injuries and conditions and require monthly visits. Ms. Veronica is a NP at the office, young, smart, and has handled my many many conditions with the utmost care.

|  If you don't mind having your appointments cancelled even the day of he's a good doc but spread to thin  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

I'm a disabled patient 16 years now with many serious conditions and scripts that are dangerous to not have to take. Ive had 50% (3 out of 6) appointments with Dr. Evans cancelled as close as 2 hours from appointment. Then they can't just get you in the next day unless with a nurse if your lucky. I was about to find a new doc and leave when I learned of Veronica who is an excellent NP who can write all my scripts including C2's. And she is caring and very, very thorough!

Mar 30th, 2011

Doctor is ok. Wait time is awful. Four different times I ended up waiting over an hour. It would be different if dr and practitioner actually spent more time with the patient.

|  Compassionate  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2010

Dr Evans, but most especially the RN Shantell Lawlera doc are fine physicians. They both helped me through a rough time, and continue to help, through counseling and support. Let's see some big city doctor provide the quality of care for the fee.

Oct 23rd, 2009

being goin gto the clinic since 2007 and has never seen the Doctor only been able to see NP

|  Evans Stanley C Do - Family Health Care is great!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 22nd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I love this family doctor and his staff. Everyone is so very nice. They take the time to explain every little detail to you and I apprecia...

|  Evans Stanley C Do - Family Health Care is great!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 15th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

An amazing family doctor with a great staff to boot. I have been going here for a couple of years now and am very pleased. Yes, you will h...

|  Best Family Practice in Denton  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 26th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Simply the best, but be prepared to wait for the best. Dr. Evans is a super individual and does an amazing job. I recommend everyone I hea...

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 24th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Great Dr. with a great personality. Has been taking care of myself and family since 1992. Only drawback is you`ll wait in the waiting room...