Dr. Stanley Chou MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Los Alamitos, CA

3.0

March 8th, 2017
Clown Circus Staff
Frustrated. Needed a in office trigger point. My insurance needs no authorization. I need no sedation. Should of been easy. I work at a computer and photo copier for my job. I had to wait 5 weeks to so called he try if approved. Spoke with a Estrallia who is office mgr. Manager of what I am not sure. Everytime I called she said she is only a messenger of information. A talking parrot could do that. A Angie was working on it. I could of had a kidney transplant authorization in the weeks I waited in pain. No one knows does their job description. Doubt there is one. Finally had a the trigger point. It is like going to the dentist. Gee, I am not going back. I respect Dr. Chou but a office and trust is only as good as it's staff. Oh, no one answers the phones with their names. When asked? Most snap, and say their n as med very rudely. Professionalism does not exist here!

August 18th, 2016
Fellow healthcare professional
Awesome physician. But office staff is absentminded, fragmented and does not really greet patients. This is sad for many patients with chronic pain going to church, occasional grocery shopping and visits to their doctor is all that they have. Office follow up and promptness to getting files to appropriate providers, insurances for procedure authorizations is lacking. Staff lacks communication about patient affairs/status/needs . Dr. Chou however is the best doctor in pain management. He is very caring and kind. He is the captain of his practice ship but soon the staff will sink his practice.

June 28th, 2010
Exceptional !!!!
Dr Chou is amazing! I experienced severe back pain on a Friday evening and suffered through the weekend. By Monday morning I couldn't walk and was on in a wheelchair. I sought treatment from another doctor, but received less than acceptable service from the front office staff. The service was so bad that I didn't feel comfortable staying for my appointment. While in the waiting room of the other provider, I found Dr. Chou on the internet via my cell phone. I called the office and was warmly greeted by his amazing and warm office staff. I told her I was in awful pain and she scheduled my appointment for an hour later. Upon my arrival at Dr. Chou's office, Dr. Chou seen me and gave me trigger point injections and scheduled a Lumbar Epidural Injection. Dr. Chou was warm and informative, he diagnosed my problem, and explained the procedure fully. He explained the healing process and I left satisfied and pain free. I began my day in pain and ended it pain free thanks to Dr. Chou. I highly recommend this doctor. He is very knowledgeable and his great spirit and wonderful sense of humor had me laughing away the pain in no time. He's the best. His staff is very efficient. I appreciate you seeing me in short short notice!. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Chou. You will not be disappointed. I will recommmend him to all my friends and relatives for sure !