Dr. Stanley Cohen DO Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Saint Augustine, FL

3.9

August 13th, 2012
awesome psyciatrist
Dr Coen takes time if you need it to listen, is very professional, but caring. He is sympathetic but very honest. I feel very comftorable talking to him beacause he listens without judging you even with all your flaws, i would't want to see anyone else but him. His office is immaculant and very beautiful. His staff is professional but curtious, he does not allow eating or drinking in his office so it stays beautiful, and clean. Sometimes you have to wait, buts because he does not rush you, and he listens really listens, so he defineatly worth the wait. Even on my worst days and im a mess he helps me come to grips with reality, so he may take a little longer so the next person does have to wait, thats why i do not mind waiting beacause he is helping other people just like me. I highly recomend him, i have seen quite a few psyciatrists and pyscologists all my life, im 47, and i wish i was in st augustine and never had to deal with all the incompetant ones. He is helping me deal with some serious issues and hope he does not retire anytime soon, because i need him.

June 14th, 2012
Glad I remembered...
I was a patient of Dr. Cohen's when I was 18, and I remembered him as being a good Psychiatrist. So, when I decided to find a new Doctor (because my previous one was a QUACK!)I made an appointment with him. I really believe this man cares about me and whether or not I am okay. He takes the time to listen, which is something that's hard to find these days. Our first appointment lasted at least 90 minutes, and all we discussed were medications I have taken in the past and how, and if , they worked for me. He is very thorough. Yeah, sometimes there is a little wait, but that's because he is taking much needed time with another patient. I wanted a Doctor that would give me minimal meds and not change them every time I come in. Dr. Cohen is the type of Doctor I feel I can be honest with and trust his judgement. I'm sticking with him.

March 29th, 2012
Patient of Nurse Practitioner Fisher-Griffis
As an adult with ADD, anxiety and mild depression it was important to me to find someone who truly understood adult ADD. JanMarie is this person! I have been with JanMarie Fisher-Griffis for 6 years. I first established myself as her patient when she worked in Orange Park. I have followed her from that office to Cohen's office because I absolutely adore her. She is warm, friendly and concerned. She is compassionate and considerate and very knowledgeable about Adult ADD. I have never had a problem with her listening to me. When I felt that one of the meds wasn't working for me- she made tweaks or changed the med all together. Unfortunately, my last appt. was this month with JanMarie because she is moving to Texas. I will miss this woman terribly. She has helped me so much (trying to conceive, grad school and just my regular day to day work problems that come up with ADD). I cannot say enough wonderful things about this woman. I cried at our last appt. because she has become such an integral part of my life and I will sincerely miss her and our appointments together.I have never dealt with Dr. Cohen other than a quick hello in the hallway. But he seems very friendly and very talkative.

February 15th, 2012
vERY CARING DOC
Sometimes you have to wait, but dr coen listens to you and that is why you have to wait, he is very professional and takes the time to listen to what you have to say. I have been a client many years, i love him but some how my meds got mixed up and ive had 2 anxiety attacks and i felt like i was going to die, i will see how he deals with this and give another review when i can get a hold of him.

February 8th, 2012
DO NOT SEE GRIFFIS!!!!!!
I never met Dr. Cohen. I too had the worst experience with Nurse Griffis. Her diagnosis was an incredible joke. I have been suffering with anxiety and panic disorder for my entire adult life. She put me on several medications. One being for bipolar, which I am not. I became very ill and needed to know what to do. I never got a call back. I have no insurance and at $125 a pop she insisted that I come in weekly. I went for 4 weeks. She dismissed everything I had to say, that is when she actually allowed me to speak. Very condescending and rude, not to mention contradicted herself with each of my appointments. I would tell her that is not what she told me last week and she became extremely rude. I recorded my sessions and asked her if she would like me to play something back for her because I was confused. She told me that I needed to leave.

January 16th, 2012
Overall experience with Dr. Cohen, I feel I am taking giant leaps to the positive, he is worth every minute I have to wait for him. Some patients need extra help one day, and Dr. Cohen will not let you leave feeling alone. One day someone may have to wait for me. Wouldn't you rather have a Doctor like that? It is reassuring.

October 12th, 2011
Excellent Doctor!
I have been a patient for nearly 10 years and I only have great things to say about this man and his practice! You can trust that whatever your needs may be that Dr. Cohen can get your life back for you.

August 9th, 2011
I'm sure Dr. Cohen is a really nice man, but we never actually ended up meeting him other than a brief intro in the waiting room, with assurances that he'd bring us back soon. It was the initial appointment, and we had to be there 30 minutes early to turn in paperwork. We had an appointment at 10, so we got there at 9:30. By 11:00, we still had not gotten called back, and when I inquired about rescheduling was told that if we left, we probably would not be able to get another appointment...so we waited 30 more minutes with the assurance that we were next, but 11:30 came, and we decided to leave...I'll find someone else. Waited 2 hours, AND had to pre-pay, for NOTHING...

June 26th, 2011
Great Man and Doctor
I personally love this guy. He has helped me through so many hard times and I can't imagine why anyone say a bad word about him. I only wish I had a way to repay him for the wonderful attitude, service, and gift he has given. Thank God for Doctor C.

April 15th, 2011
Dr. - nice, reception - rude
Dr. Cohen is great at diagnosing and treating conditions. However, he has a tendency to run late with appointments but he's always seemingly sincerely apologetic. He genuinely cares about his patients progress and well-being.The receptionist (Mimi) has a tendency to put your requests in a "to-do" pile and never get around to them. Do NOT expect to submit a Rx refill request and actually get it filled in under 2 weeks. This tends to be an issue when medications prescribed by Dr. Cohen are not the kind you can just go cold-turkey on, especially anxiety meds! Mimi is warm and friendly when dealing with you but has a hard time following through and finishing tasks.The office manager (Faye) often comes off as rude with hard-core OCD. Do not take food or drinks in the building unless you want to be treated like a 5 year-old. She also does not seem to care if your needs are met within a timely manner and is not apologetic about it.

April 2nd, 2011
GREAT! My son's Doctor....
My son has been seeing Dr. Cohen for quite awhile. I'm very pleased as a Mother how he's helped my son.

November 18th, 2010
Horrible Office!!!
DO NOT GO HERE!! I have been dealing with severe anxiety and depression for atleast 13 years. I decided to try dr. cohen...i had heard decent things about him....instead I got stuck with some PA named Jan Griffis (i think thats her name), Due to my anxiety and depression I have been unable to work. When Griffis asked me about my job or school she rolled her eyes and then stated "so no one would notice if you were gone." She also rolled her eyes CONSTANTLY while i was speaking. After hysterically crying to two days I decided that since the appt went so terribly i would try to switch to dr. cohen...i called and had my info swapped to him and made a complaint about the way this Griffis person treated me. The receptionist told me it was no problem and appologized for my bad experience. Two weeks later I get a call that Griffis has "terminated me from the practice" so i can no longer see anyone in that building. When I called to find out how she terminated me after i had already "terminated' my relationship with this horrible woman, i was told that she can terminate anyone at anytime for no reason at all. you would think that would be up to dr. cohen especially since i only saw her (griffis) once. I guess she got me back for filing a complaint....thats a disgusting way to do business...especially with patients who are barely coping with anxiety and depression. Apparently Dr. Cohen had no idea who he has working for him...or he is just irresponsible with others well being. Either way AVOID this office...who knows when you might make some one mad for being sick...you'll get terminated with no notice. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!