Dr. Stanley Horner DO Patient Reviews

• Allergy and Immunology Jefferson City, MO

August 22nd, 2016
Most thorough medical provider I have ever met.

May 10th, 2016
dr. Horner is well worth the wait usually. although his nurses can be really rude. they don't usually call you with your test results, even if they are completely messed up! he does do a lot of testing but always figures out what is wrong.

April 14th, 2016
Made an appt. For my 4yr old a day 6mo old and he said he wouldn't do anything for my 6mo old bc she was too young but charged me for it anyways! Other than that he was ok.

June 22nd, 2015
This doctor will spend extra time To get to know you. Very intelligent doctor.

June 9th, 2015
Excellent Doctor and staff.

March 11th, 2015
Dr. Horner is amazing! He doesn't wait for symptoms to get serious before he treats the problem like a lot of doctors do. He will spend as much time with you as he needs to in order to figure out what is wrong. The downside to that is that you may wait a little longer, but you will always be well taken care of. You either love him or you hate him. He can be sarcastic and tells it like it is, especially if you're not following his directions.

May 5th, 2013
lifeline
Dr. Horner is truly dedicated in diagnosing and assisting the patient. He listens and explains. Even though I am a complicated case, he is persistent in his efforts to make me more able to live a "normal" life.

March 4th, 2013
Takes his time to figure out your health problems!
Dr. Horner is an amazing doctor who takes the time to find out what is going on with your body from head to toe. He looks at your family history to see if you have an increased risk of any disease processes. Once diagnosed he treats aggressively and quickly. The staff in his Jefferson City, MO office are also very professional and helpful.

October 2nd, 2012
Dr. Horner is "tell it as it is" kind of doctor. He is one of only two doctors that has sat and listened to my issues and taken time to find the problems and treated me like I was sane. He also takes awesome care of my mother, who also has multiple problems. I love Dr. Horner and highly recommend him to anyone!

January 20th, 2012
Holding my records Hostage. Had a fall out with a partner. They parted ways. He is now holding my records hostage!

December 13th, 2011
A sleuthing, compassionate professional
Thanks to a friend who recommended I see a local doc that "thinks outside the box" - Dr. Horner, I am seeing a bright light at the end of what has been a very long, dark tunnel. Prior to seeing Dr. Horner, I had sought medical advice from many respectable area doctors that each were perplexed by the complexities of my hx, bloodwork, and chronic FUO. Each seemed disappointed that they were unable to provide a definitive diagnosis, and expressed hope that one will be found. Enter Dr. Horner & his staff. Enter hope. First, the office staff is exceptional. Second, Dr. Horner is exceptional. They not only create a clean, welcoming atmosphere, they project joy in their profession, as well as a desire to help all that enter their practice. I've been honored, blessed, to visit Dr. Horner 4-5 times. I ask questions that involve detailed answers. I appreciate his method of gifting his knowledge. A gift, it is. It's quite a breath of fresh air after receiving rote responses to now receiving unabashed, honest comprehensive opinions. He's a very intelligent man, with amazing retention...as if he is blessed with a photographic memory of all the health info he has read over the years. A true walking encyclopedia. Oh, and quite the comedian, he is. To top it off, his nurse/assistant is awesome - she's irreplaceable. As the very first reviewer said, he orders a lot of blood work. Yes, that's true. That is the point, correct!?! To investigate the cause of your health woes? Unfortunately, looking at a person, and talking to them isn't exactly the recipe for an accurate diagnosis. Think of it this way, if he's taking a lot of your blood, in theory, you are reducing your potential risk from cancer. Recall the many studies that suggested that women tend to live longer than men due to the menstruation of women (as in women shed blood for so many days in their lifetime) and it is suggested to give blood every 6 months? The shedding of blood requires one to create fresh, new blood. Last, from what I understand, Dr. Horner's business is based primarily upon patient referral, vs. advertising or schmoozing with a select group of medical professionals. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with schmoozing, and that's part of business, but his business is not based upon it as it is for some. Personally, if someone can be successful on satisfied customers/clients/patients alone, that is what separates excellent docs from good docs. Dr. Horner, if you're "listening", please do NOT retire any time soon!!! At least, not unless you can clone yourself. :-) We LOVE you!!! We need you. Thank you, Dr. Horner!!!

November 10th, 2011
LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Horner and his staff. I avoided doctors for a long time because no one would listen to my symptoms. I was referred to Dr. Horner because my internal medicine specialist couldn't figure out why I kept breaking out with hives and vomiting everytime I ate. I had spent almost 3 years suffering and had almost every test avail to man done to no avail. Dr. Horner diagnosed my gallstone almost immediately. I now go to Dr. Horner for all my medical needs.