Dr. Stanley Lugerner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stanley Lugerner?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Stanley Lugerner?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 1st, 2016

Best doctor I have had in years. He dies not tell you what you want to hear, but what you should and need to hear. Best doctor I have had since my daughter was born back in 1982.

September 21st, 2015

Rude, abrupt and abrasive, Dr. Lugerner not only treats patients like they're children, he doesn't follow up despite his own request to do so. After sending him follow-up test results (which he declined to order on his own), he never responded to my concerns. E-mailing and phoning him is not an option. Dr. Lugerner works via snail mail. Just grossly disappointed in his work.

June 19th, 2014

Don't like the impersonal touch of automation however, my initial visit with Dr. Lugerner was concise and to the point; he took the necessary steps to rule out the obvious. I like speaking person to person when making appointments or problem solving; most times it only takes a few minutes and I am able to get on with the next phase without waiting hours to receive answers. Wait time to be seen or receive person-to-person interaction was a little longer than hoped for (20 minutes via phone and about 30 minutes in person.)

October 8th, 2012

A Dedicated Doc from NYC

We New Yorkers are brusque (we're not British, after all LOL), but we know what we're doing and we do do our jobs well. Have been a patient of Dr. L for 20 years and had to find new one because my Medicare insurance does not participate with Medstar -- a great loss. He's very interested in keeping you healthy. If you need stroking, then try a fund-raiser. Dr. L rocks.

April 16th, 2012

Dr. Lugerner is by far the worst doctor I have ever seen. I had over an hour wait for my appointment, after which he barely discussed the reason I came into the office, and instead lectured me on how to lose 20 lbs. I'm fairly sure 20 lbs off of a 110 lb. woman would make me underweight, and I am positive that it was irrelevant to the sore throat/possible Strep symptoms that brought me into the office. His staff is equally unhelpful, telling me he was running on schedule when I called shortly before the appointment, when he clearly was not. I'm waiting to get a new Primary Care Physician (wait times are long for decent doctors in DC it seems), but in the mean time I've been going to Urgent Care rather than Dr. Lugerner. He's that bad.

June 22nd, 2011

Lugerner is thorough, attentive, highly professional

Have been his patient for over 30 years. He is a highly professional doctor . . . systematic, up on literature, quick to refer to specialists when another opinion or expertise is needed. He is careful not to overtreat problems. Is attentive. Gives precise advice and offers alternatives when appropriate. All in all, an excellent doctor.

January 7th, 2011

Good for the Urban Professional not Great For Those Who Need A Sitter...

I chose Lugerner because of his offiliation with the only hospital I trust (GW). My first visit was exactly what I wanted out of a doctor. It was quick, to the point and no need for the bullsh**ing around. My wait time was short (less than 5 mins once I filled out the initial paperwork), I saw the doctor immediately, my physical was a breeze and he answered all of my questions. He does have the demeanor of a brick though. He can seem very cold and uncaring. There is no justification for this. The staff was pleasant, one was even really funny, so it helped to make my visit less drab (not fan of doctor's offices). I would personally recommend this guy to anyone who wants to get in and get out.

May 6th, 2009

disapointed with quality of care

I went for a routine physical with Dr. Lugerner who takes my Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. He spent all of 5 minutes with me, hardly asked me any questions or ran any tests. In fact all he did was listen to my chest with a stethoscope and ask me how much I drink or smoke. That was it. I asked if there was anything else and he said no it would be a waste of money. To be fair, I am a healthy 28 year old male, but he should have spent a little more time with me. I got the sense he was trying to get me in and out as quick as possible. I will certainly not be returning. Also, I had to wait 30 minutes after my appointment time to see him (even though my appointment was at 930am).

January 9th, 2017