Dr. Stanley Ostrow Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stanley Ostrow?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Stanley Ostrow?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 22nd, 2016

Stan the Man!

I love Dr Ostrow, with the help of God, he saved my life. I get his personality because this man is under extreme pressure saving lives. He cares truly and worries about us all. I had breast cancer & chemo & he helped me to get a trial drug that helped me. All I do is ask, and he gets it done! One time when I broke down in tears, he sat next to me and told me that I'd beat that cancer, all my problems at home would work out & assured me that he was there now, it'd be ok. I'll never forget it. He will always be my hero!!!!

July 2nd, 2016

Dr Ostrow is a caring and excellent Doctor who truly cares about his patients

June 21st, 2016

Excellent doctor. Saves lives. Does everything possible to prolong patients lives. Staff is friendly and professional. This is the doctor and staff who fights for your life.

June 8th, 2016

Compassionate and Caring

The best Oncologist you can find!

January 1st, 2016

Dr. Ostrow is a doctor but a really caring person.

Dr. Ostrow, is a wonderful person.... Nutty, but I think that's what I love most about him. I have a nutty but fun personality myself. So we do alright. I prefer him over everyone because he cares and he shows it. Plus he has taken care of my mother and saved her a few times now... He's a part of my family... Just wish we all met under different circumstances.

September 28th, 2015

the best are worth waiting for

I'VE Been going to DR Ostrow since 2002 when he was on call at the hospital after having been diagnosed with Kidney cancer which left me with one kidney. I went back to work two days after the surgery and happen to miss my first follow up appointment for the following week. That night DR Ostrow called me at home and said it was very important for me to have periodic follow ups, and that if I didn't want to use him, he requested I find another Oncologist soon to take over my car. since than he's treated me through Prostate, and most recently Lung cancer. He cares enough for his patients that he makes all calls regarding test results himself on the day he receives them. He has called me during the day when I wasn't available, then called again that same night after closing. I've received calls from him as late as 8: pm and in the 13 years being his patient had never received a results call, good or not so good from anyone other than DR Ostrow himself. After three separate primary cancers I believe I'm able to sit here to write this review because of DR Ostrow. I've heard people complain about sometimes having to wait longer than expected in the examining room, but their are times when he goes into those rooms with not the best of news, and he's not the type of doctor to say I'm sorry and be so quick to run out to his next patient. I feel the best doctors are worth waiting for. I recently relocated to Florida and had to find a new Oncologist, I researched for days to find the best, but I'm not feeling to comfortable.

June 1st, 2015

A great human being.

September 9th, 2012

Yes, Dr. Ostrow is a maniac psycho. He is the best Oncologist you will ever meet though. He will come off brash, rushed etc but he does really care. This is just his personality. Underneath it all is a man who works 20 hours a day to take care of his patients. People don't know that he wakes up at probably 5am, gets to the hospitals (he works at 4, maybe 5 hospitals) by 6 or 7, sees patients until 9 or 10am, then goes to his office where he sees patients until 5pm or so, and then goes back to the hospital and is seeing patients until 10 pm and later. My father was his patient for many many years. He was diagnosed with lung cancer and given 9 months to live. Dr Ostrow kept him going for 9 more years, a true miracle. It was my father's fight, with the help of Dr. Ostrow's knowledge, experience and hard work. There were times that my father was in the hospital and Dr. Ostrow would show up at midnight, or 7 in the morning because that was the only time he could make it in to see him. I am a nurse and have NEVER met a doctor like that except for him. People may think he is rude, nasty etc and yes he can be. But he is the most hard working and caring doctor you will ever meet.

December 28th, 2011

Not Good

After making me wait for over 2 hours on three visits Dr. Ostrow made a wrong diagnosis. His billing department also insisted on billing me for services not rendered. Not good!

July 28th, 2011

Dr.Ostrow is very skilled. He did a bone marrow procedure on this very nervous patient and I never felt one moment of pain. He's wonderful and I trust him completely.

April 21st, 2011

dr ostrow is a very knowledgeable professional will always be there if you need him

April 11th, 2011

Top notch doctor

If not for doctor Ostrow I probably would not be here today. He was the only doctor that was optimistic when I was diagnosed with Stage 3b Lung Cancer. Thats to him I was able to get to the best doctors and receive the best treatment.