Overall Review

February 22nd, 2016
what a great doctor

August 26th, 2013
no bedside manner/3 second in hospital consultation
I believe that this gentleman is probably a capable neurosurgeon, however his arrogance and total lack of empathy turned me off. It is clear that this mans ego is bigger than the hospital he works in. After being admitted by one of his colleagues ; he reviewed my mri, came into my room and spent three seconds talking to me about his findings. Frustrating since the other docs in the practice are world class in every way. Was not impressed by him.

January 13th, 2010
Dr Pugley performed a minimally evasive discectomy on my L5S1 and from the time i was removed from sergeory to the time i woke up in the recovery room, my disc ruptured again. Was taken in for a second segeory the following night and 2 days later the disc ruptured once again. With initial procedure set for a 1 1/2 day visit it turned into 9 days of horrible service and lack of attention from the doctor. After getting the Hospital chief medical officer involved, I was eventually transferred to the Yale University Medical team for further care. I would recommend a second opinion before choosing a surgeon. My overall experience was absolutely horrific. To this day i am in alot of pain with the possibility of having another sergeory to fuse my spine. This docter seemed to be very caring however did not use good judgment in handling a very sensitive case

November 30th, 2009
Very thoughtful and patient-focused. Conservative approach to care (which I like). Seems to be highly competent. No dramatic solution so far but we'll see.