Dr. Stanley Tao Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stanley Tao?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 1st, 2016

Dont believe the hype

Heard rave reviews about this doctor- I learned the hard way not to believe all you hear . He walked into the exam room- blurted out I wasn't a good candidate for surgery - & turned a deaf ear from that point on. Nothing I tried to say mattered, couldn't get 3 words out before he talked over me. His bedside manner is robotic & smug. So back to the drawing board for my injury- guess I wasn't a football player he could get recognized for helping.

January 13th, 2016

Dr. Tao spent maybe 10 minutes with me. I have an MRI which clearly shows a rotator cuff and labral tear, yet he spent his time talking down to me, and even told me I was "too old to be worth his time". I am 48. Funny though, he put me back to work on sedantary duty, yet nothing is wrong with me? I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. Still suffering, yet he is supposed to be the best? No thank you. I will go where I am treated as a human being.

November 1st, 2015

The best knee surgeon, and human in the business!

Dr. Tao is a caring concerned surgeon! I felt like he actually cared and that i wasn't just a patient! He encouraged me and at one point strengthened me by simply saying,.. WE will get thru this! That meant alot! This is the greatest Dr I've ever met because he cares and he really listens!

May 19th, 2015

He is my sons orthopedic dr and he has done a very good job with him and his staff is friendly as well

May 15th, 2015

good office visit--did complete questioning and answered mine--staff is great-will recommend him to others for treatment

April 4th, 2015

apt

Wasn't what I had expected. I didn't get to say much. Really I didn't get to say anything. Saw him about 10imutes

August 26th, 2014

patient

Very disappoint with his surgery. Misdiagnosis twice. Had to get surgery redone by another doctor.

June 19th, 2013

problem forever

My son had Dr Tao to do an arthroscopic knee surgery for a sports injury. He said he could repair the meniscus (longer recovery) or remove it depending on if my son wanted to get back into sports right away. We opted for the repair and decided he would rather be good for life and not just for a season. Within 20 min Dr Tao came out to get me and said he went ahead and removed his meniscus, that my son could play in a month or so. WRONG!!! He didn't go back to playing because he wanted to heal. It has been 5 years now and his knee has given out on him several times, including causing him to fall off of a ladder. He is in pain quite often and has to tape his knee to do simple things around the house, ie. squatting, climbing ladder, etc. A surgery at 18 should have repaired my son NOT cause him problems for the rest of his life.

June 25th, 2012

I had surgery done by him on my ACL and he did an excellent job. I would recommend him to anyone!!!

March 8th, 2012

He fixed my husbands rotator cuff and afterwards he kept telling Tao it wasn't right. Appt after appt Tao would say just give it more time. Well he ended up doing a manipulation and then that's when all went very wrong! When my husband came out he was bruised from his elbow to his hip. Tremendous pain, He wouldn't give anymore pain meds and wouldn't do MRI. So, more time passes , appt after appt give it more time.....then he said there isn't anything more he can do. It wasn't until we went to a different doctor we found out it was a re tear of the original tear. And also his bone spur wasn't removed. I feel he messed up and didn't want to fix his own mistakes. So we would not recommend him to our family and friends. I am aware problems arise...but I believe the problems need to be dealt with, not tossed aside and that's how we feel...tossed aside!

October 14th, 2010

not so good with senior citizens

my sister had her house burn to the ground, broke her humerus the next day ,was in a lot of pain and his comment in reference to her attitude was "she came into my office with a chip on her shoulder". After discussing this while she was in x ray he agreed "to start over" and was much nicer. Following her next visit I will revisit this review.

October 23rd, 2009