Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

3.0

|  patient  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2014

Very disappoint with his surgery. Misdiagnosis twice. Had to get surgery redone by another doctor.

|  problem forever  |  show details
by mother on Jun 19th, 2013

My son had Dr Tao to do an arthroscopic knee surgery for a sports injury. He said he could repair the meniscus (longer recovery) or remove it depending on if my son wanted to get back into sports right away. We opted for the repair and decided he would rather be good for life and not just for a season. Within 20 min Dr Tao came out to get me and said he went ahead and removed his meniscus, that my son could play in a month or so. WRONG!!! He didn't go back to playing because he wanted to heal. It has been 5 years now and his knee has given out on him several times, including causing him to fall off of a ladder. He is in pain quite often and has to tape his knee to do simple things around the house, ie. squatting, climbing ladder, etc. A surgery at 18 should have repaired my son NOT cause him problems for the rest of his life.

|  Just Pitiful  |  show details
by Phillip Carter on Jan 17th, 2013

Dr Tao has operated on my shoulder twice about a year apart.After my 2nd surgery in July of 12 He told me there was no tears in my Rotator Cuff he just had to smooth it out, but the pain never went away and I would go back to his office and when you could get him to slow down long enough to talk to you he would want to give you a steriod shot or other services that was going to cost me and my insurance big money. I decided to go see another Dr and he scheduled me an appointment for an MRI with contrast cause he suspected a tear, and sure enough my Rotator Cuff is torn so bad its held together by 3mm of tissue. I asked the Dr if he thought that tear was there back in July when Dr Tao operated on it and he said with confidence YES !! and he couldnt understand why a Dr would do that. So now im schedualed to have surgery at UK hospital in Lexington. Its a shame Dr's are allowed to get by with this. I would not recommend Dr Tao to work on my dog, and I hope he reads this and pulls my file and gives me a call but im sure he wont.

Jun 25th, 2012

I had surgery done by him on my ACL and he did an excellent job. I would recommend him to anyone!!!

Mar 8th, 2012

He fixed my husbands rotator cuff and afterwards he kept telling Tao it wasn't right. Appt after appt Tao would say just give it more time. Well he ended up doing a manipulation and then that's when all went very wrong! When my husband came out he was bruised from his elbow to his hip. Tremendous pain, He wouldn't give anymore pain meds and wouldn't do MRI. So, more time passes , appt after appt give it more time.....then he said there isn't anything more he can do. It wasn't until we went to a different doctor we found out it was a re tear of the original tear. And also his bone spur wasn't removed. I feel he messed up and didn't want to fix his own mistakes. So we would not recommend him to our family and friends. I am aware problems arise...but I believe the problems need to be dealt with, not tossed aside and that's how we feel...tossed aside!

|  police officer  |  show details
by john dent on Mar 4th, 2011

Dr. Tao showed professionalism, and a genuine concern about my injury. When he spoke to me after my shoulder surgery I could actually read by his demeanor that he cared about my well being

|  not so good with senior citizens  |  show details
by concerned relative on Oct 14th, 2010

my sister had her house burn to the ground, broke her humerus the next day ,was in a lot of pain and his comment in reference to her attitude was "she came into my office with a chip on her shoulder". After discussing this while she was in x ray he agreed "to start over" and was much nicer. Following her next visit I will revisit this review.

Sep 24th, 2010