Dr. Stanley Szwed Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stanley Szwed?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Stanley Szwed?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2017

Informative, knowledgable, straight forward Doctor. Compassion for his clients and outstanding at his work.

January 31st, 2017

Overall good Dr and staff

Had to use answering service to reschedule an appointment, due to Dr's vacation. They put me in contact with office staff. Staff is very friendly.

October 11th, 2016

Great Doctor

I have to admit that I'm a bit biased regarding this doc as I am likely still alive today because of him and my primary care physician.   He has managed my CHF and performed the catherization and stent placements after I suffered an MI 21 months ago. Clearly, since I'm here to write this review, he did the right things. In my case I was fairly impressed with our first encounter. I had actually stopped by his office a couple of days prior to my first appointment to pick up those  forms all docs make new patients fill out and was standing at the reception desk when he came out for something. I must have looked pretty bad at that point as he took one look at me, ask why I was there and when I said I was just there to pick up some forms he was like "I don't think so." Next thing I knew I was in an exam room hooked up to an EKG and after that in the hospital.   I would hope most docs were that competent but alas, I know that to not be true. After a 30 year career in EMS and 20 some years of dealing with diabetes, suffice to say I have had a LOT of dealings with doctors over the years. Thankfully this is one of the good ones.   He is fairly direct and to the point but still manages a friendly air, and  if you do not understand something or ask a question he will take whatever time is needed to answer your question and do so without falling into the trap of talking down to his patients and do so without giving you the impression that he would rather be doing almost anything else but answering said questions. And perhaps most importantly, I have never gotten the impression that he was just trying to get out of the room and on to the next patient in the medical assembly line, as can be the case in some practices. I have found his office staff to be pleasant and helpful and easy to deal with when it comes to scheduling appointments and honest about when there will be delays. If I had to come up with a negative I would have to say that a couple of times there have been rather long waits in his office but I would have to say that is the exception rather than the rule as it has happened only twice since I became a patient of his. Most of the time I'm in a room within about 10 or 15 minutes of an appointment time. I have also had a couple of tests (an echocardigram and venous doppler) done in his office and on both occasion I found the technicians to be  courteous, accommodating and competent.   Clearly, if anyone is in need of the services of a cardiologist in the South Bergen/Passaic County area, I would highly recommend Dr. Szwed.

February 19th, 2015

dr is very good at diagnosing and communicating

office staff and technicians very knowledgable and friendly also very helpful dr seemed to be very quick at discerning my problem and making decisions.im pleased with his attention to detail very decisive knows his business this is my first visit

April 18th, 2014

Vein Procedure

Dr. Szwed performed laser procedures on both of my legs for varicose veins. I must say that my legs look better than they have in twenty-five years. It is amazing how good they responded to the procedures in both appearance and their youthful feel during and after activity. Dr. Szwed and his experienced staff did everything to make my experience as pleasant as it could possibly be. Everything about my time at Dr. Szwed's was great but the results I got was the best part !

May 11th, 2013

DOCTOR AND STAFF JUST DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR PATIENT. NO ONE SEEM TO CARE ABOUT MY PROBLEM. JUST WANT TO CUT AND DO DANGEROUS PROCEDURES UNNECESSARILY. THE ENTIRE JOINT IS BUSY MAKING MONEY. VERY VERY GREEDY!!!

September 20th, 2012

Since the hiring of a new office manager things seem to be a little less miserable. His staff for quite some time was the reason I went to another doctor for a few years. He's a great cardiologist, but a doctor is judged by his staff and most of them were lazy, unprofessional and illiterate.

April 10th, 2012

Best Doctor I've Ever Been To

Dr. Szwed is a very practical, no nonsense type of physician. He quickly and accurately diagnosed my problem and took immediately action thus saving my life. Once in the hospital, he made sure I had the best care possible. He told me exactly what happened. He has a subtle sense of humor, but very open to answering questions. I trust Dr. Szwed completely.

September 20th, 2017