Dr. Stanley Whisenant MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 28th, 2016
GOD COMPLEX
THIS DR DID INJECTION ON WRONG SPOT THAT CAUSE ME PAIN FOR MANY MONTHS ------- ..ALSO THE WAIT AFTER YOU GET IN TO OFFICE IS THE JUST THE WORST. AND THE STAFF IS AND HAS BEEN VERY INCOMPETENT FOR THE 18 MONTHS THAT I WAS TREATED THERE ,-----I WAS TOLD BY STAFF MEMBERS OF THEFT BY THE OTHER STAFF WHILE PEOPLE WERE BEING TREATED----------------. NOV. THRU MAY DIDN'T SEE DR BUT HAD TO WAIT MINIMUM OF TWO HRS WITH THE SAME COMPLAINT FROM ALL IN THE WAITING ROOM.------ I ONCE COMPLAINED OF A SIDE EFFECT AND DR TOLD ME THAT ONLY HAPPENED TO ONE OUT 30,000 SO I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU !!!

March 17th, 2016
patient
Dr. Whisenant may have is moments of being hurtful but it's EXTREMELY rare!!!! I have been his patient for close to 10 years. I would love for you haters out there to just imagine being in his position, we're constantly complaining, that would drive anyone to get annoyed at times but he's the VERY BEST at what he does, btw. I have not even been asked to write this.

November 9th, 2015
Very unprofessional Doctor. Literally would not let me speak

September 11th, 2015
I have never meet a Dr that is more rude, abrasive, obnoxious, arrogant and cuss at his clients. First visit was ok. Second visit very rude. Third visit he spent 35 minutes of my time to 'chew out' one his staff in front of me as well as other clients and staff. Fourth visit he was 2 hours late for my appointment (this NOT a misprint as I looked at my watch and saw my time slip away) and NO ONE came to me to let me know what the hold up was. When I asked him what the delay was, he continued with his normal rude and arrogant attitude saying he was the DOCTOR. Needless to say there will be NO more visits with this Idiot. He does not listen to his clients needs and talks like he is on some kind of 'speed' medicine. Aires his dirty laundry about his divorce which now I understand why no one can live with this idiot

August 28th, 2015
Great Doctor
A very caring doctor that works very hard to stop pain that other doctors gave up on. He is VERY smart and for a long time I felt human again!

May 20th, 2015
Spends lots of time with me. You can tell he really wants to help and his intentions are good. Tells me he wants to treat the source of the pain. Not just give me pills😄

February 11th, 2015
I avoided surgery
Doctor very comprehensive; Explained my condition and the different options for treatment; Explained why he recommended the options available to me; I was told by surgeon I needed a discectomy; Two injections and two months of medications and I am now pain free with no medications requirements

January 17th, 2015
My negative comments are the front staff curses loudly while I was there. The doctor did know what he was talking about but is was very hard to get a word in edgewise and argued about my pricedures when I'm the one who knows My bodie and procedu

September 25th, 2014
Professional and caring
Dr. Whisenant is professional and caring and his treatments have relieved my pain.

August 21st, 2014
Summit of Pain Specialist
In my opinion Stanley Whisenant is a highly proficient and motivated specialist. If you are looking for someone who will take the time to talk to you and explain his plan for treatment, I highly recommend him.

August 20th, 2014
I am changing too !
After three appointments I am moving on. I agree with every other review here. The office is dirty. He is a Jekyll and Hyde or maybe Bipolar because he is never the same guy twice and sometimes quite mean and condescending. I always waited an hour or more for him. I got really tired of him hitting me in the head and saying "Does this hurt?" and me replying "yeahhhhh". He never wrote an RX correctly. I would get to the pharmacy, turn it in and discover the date was a long time past or a long time in the future or no dosage or direction for use or it wasn't signed. Crazy. Do yourself a favor, at the very least, if you go, please look over your scripts before you leave his office.

April 4th, 2013
Worst doctor I've ever seen
Do yourself a favor. There are many pain management doctors in the DFW area. See one of them instead. Seriously. I saw Whisenant at a time when I still trusted doctors - he's what made me realize that doctors are as human as lawyers. He was the first pain doc I was referred to, by dint of being in the same building as my PCP. I won't be vague -- I'll specify what made him so awful: 1) The EARLIEST he ever saw me was 2 hours late (in 4+ visits). A couple of times was more than 3 hours. I can accept that excrement happens once in a while, but this generated my rule that if I have to wait over 30 minutes more than once to see a doctor, I'm gone, never to return. If the doctor has so little respect for his patience, what is his treatment going to be like? I should have paid attention to this foreshadowing of what was to come. 2) He rarely actually listened. I told him that I had frequent T-spine and C-spine spasms, and they would crop up in different places; sometimes left side, sometimes right side. On the day that I saw him, it happened to be right side, so he scheduled me for right-side facet injections more than a week later. On that day, he came to see me (again, 2 hours late for the actual injections) and I told him that the spasms this day were on the left side. He criticized me, saying that I had told him they were on the right. I corrected him, of course, saying: no, I told you they were on the right THAT DAY and that they differ wildly. 3) I had 3 sets of injections from him. For each one, I'm prohibited from eating or drinking anything (including my meds) for 8 hours prior. As I later discovered from my next (and infinitely better) pain management doc, these can be done bright and early in the morning, so you only have to be awake an hour or so without food or drink. Whisenant had them in the afternoon, each and every time. And of course those were 2-3 hours late, which meant I was starving, parched, and in severe pain all day long. 4) The discogram. Only afterwards have almost all doctors said that this should have been an absolute last resort diagnostic procedure. Our man stan did it before anything else other than an MRI. It was THE single most painful thing I've ever undergone. Ever. Naturally, he was more than 2 hours late for it, but his attitude was appalling. For those unfamiliar with the procedure, they put you under, stick some needles into your discs, then bring you around without anesthetic and inject dye, the purpose of which is twofold: 1) to cause you pain--if the type of pain you experience is similar to your usual pain, then the doc deduces that's the cause, and 2) to see where the dye goes in a CT afterward. When I was brought around and he started injecting the dye, it was agonizing. I yelled and tried to answer his questions about what I felt. He said, "I hear a lot of screaming, but I don't hear a lot of talking." I presume he felt comfortable being so snide because I wasn't supposed to remember anything due to the versed that was administered. During this agonizing ordeal, he was a pure a$$hole to me, and to the nurses in attendance. Afterward, when I came to as they were prepping me for the CT, I asked the attendants for something for the pain, telling them that the discogram had been truly excruciating. They were surprised, and said I wasn't supposed to remember anything. I assured them that I did, very well. So well that I remember it all this time later. In the follow-up visit in his office, whisenant told me that the results of the discogram were "inconclusive" and he wanted to do it again. I declined to have it, and also declined to ever see him again. My conditioned worsened, and some time later, a doctor (with a couple of backup opinions) determined that it was because of stan's botching of the discogram, which tore my annulus (which I assume was why the results were "inconclusive")