Dr. Stefan Harmeling Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Stefan Harmeling?

Best Doctor in Hilo Hawaii!

Posted on April 29th, 2016

Best Doctor in Hilo Hawaii period! Truly about wellness and personal patient health!

Very good doctor

Posted on March 24th, 2016

Dr Harmeling is an excellent Dr. He is very compassionate, caring, and concerned physician. He is too popular, that is why the wait is so long! I would recommend him without reservation.

Little respect for patient rights

Posted on October 6th, 2015

I lost all respect for his opinions when I was forced to sign a form that says the patient has to do what he says or find another doctor. I value my right to informed consent more than I value his expertise. He's personable but ambitious. I get the feeling he's only using me to get kickbacks from all these procedures he insists are necessary for preventative care. I'm afraid to talk to him anymore because almost every time I say something he tries to sell me to somebody.

Hilo Lucky to Have Him

Posted on July 22nd, 2015

Dr. H is the kindest, most caring doctor I've ever been to. He treats you like a family member. He genuinely cares about you, physically and emotionally. He is always willing to refer you to a specialist or someone else who may have more knowledge of your particular problem. He has given me lots of great advice and I trust him totally. His staff is very friendly and courteous. Recently I've had to wait longer in waiting room as they have gotten busier but I don't mind! They are terrific!

His Way or the Highway

Posted on June 16th, 2015

Presumptuous, condescending, dictatorial

Great Doctor

Posted on June 7th, 2015

I was very pleased with all members of the office. Dr Stephan was very kind and always took very good care of my husband and I. We have told many others about how pleased we were. We are retired Paramedics from Boston. We give you guys an AAA+++ Thanks for taking such good care of us. Aloha

worst Dr ever there only 4 the money

Posted on February 4th, 2014

Posted on November 16th, 2013

I really like him as a doctor, but his staff is not friendly and does not do his referrals promptly. You as a patient need to call and ask what happened. Staff lacks patient care.

Posted on August 2nd, 2013

Dr. is ok and has great knowledge, but what's the use if you can't get an apt to see your physician. Staff is rude and just doesn't get it. Wait time is long and never on time. If this were anywhere else in the world they'd be out of business

Posted on May 23rd, 2012

Not on call with poor and untimely response/communication that would be expected from a physician. Staff is unable to schedule appointments with appointments running 2-3 days out.

Unavailable Doctor

Posted on May 22nd, 2012

AS A GENERAL PHYSICIAN HE IS GREAT!!!!

Posted on March 2nd, 2010

Hawaii couldn't ask for a better Doctor. I am very happy he is here but every Dr. can improve. I had a hysterectomy in 2005. Since then I have been experiencing MANY symptoms, most of which are seriously affecting my quality of life.Dr. Harmeling came highly recommended by my friends, family and co-workers. He seems to be a caring Doctor and VERY knowledgeable. But I don't understand why when I came to him with my long list of symptoms he just said, "You know this isn't life threatening?" I said, "I know that." Its my quality of life that I am after. I feel that the symptoms are clues that my Doctor can figure out and help me feel better. I can only speculate but I guess Dr. Harmeling only has time for patient with life threatening problems? But the fact is my problems can become life threatening if they aren't treated now. That is called preventive medicine. I want to prevent "LIFE THREATENING" I don't WANT TO FEEL BAD and I am not JUST trying to find something wrong. I know myself and I know what I was like before the surgery and I am a completely different person because of the memory loss "foggy brain" fatigue, insomnia and adrenaline pumping I feel every night and morning, the anxiety I now suffer with. Sorry, I don't just want to live with it.Its not Dr's fault. I think I have been barking up the wrong tree these last 5 years with General Physicians. I need a specialist but there is only one Endocrinologist that comes to the Big Island once a month. I should have gone to him from the start.