Dr. Stefan Harmeling MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

April 29th, 2016
Best Doctor in Hilo Hawaii!
Best Doctor in Hilo Hawaii period! Truly about wellness and personal patient health!

March 24th, 2016
Very good doctor
Dr Harmeling is an excellent Dr. He is very compassionate, caring, and concerned physician. He is too popular, that is why the wait is so long! I would recommend him without reservation.

October 6th, 2015
Little respect for patient rights
I lost all respect for his opinions when I was forced to sign a form that says the patient has to do what he says or find another doctor. I value my right to informed consent more than I value his expertise. He's personable but ambitious. I get the feeling he's only using me to get kickbacks from all these procedures he insists are necessary for preventative care. I'm afraid to talk to him anymore because almost every time I say something he tries to sell me to somebody.

July 22nd, 2015
Hilo Lucky to Have Him
Dr. H is the kindest, most caring doctor I've ever been to. He treats you like a family member. He genuinely cares about you, physically and emotionally. He is always willing to refer you to a specialist or someone else who may have more knowledge of your particular problem. He has given me lots of great advice and I trust him totally. His staff is very friendly and courteous. Recently I've had to wait longer in waiting room as they have gotten busier but I don't mind! They are terrific!

June 16th, 2015
His Way or the Highway
Presumptuous, condescending, dictatorial

June 7th, 2015
Great Doctor
I was very pleased with all members of the office. Dr Stephan was very kind and always took very good care of my husband and I. We have told many others about how pleased we were. We are retired Paramedics from Boston. We give you guys an AAA+++ Thanks for taking such good care of us. Aloha

February 4th, 2014
worst Dr ever there only 4 the money

November 16th, 2013
I really like him as a doctor, but his staff is not friendly and does not do his referrals promptly. You as a patient need to call and ask what happened. Staff lacks patient care.

August 2nd, 2013
Dr. is ok and has great knowledge, but what's the use if you can't get an apt to see your physician. Staff is rude and just doesn't get it. Wait time is long and never on time. If this were anywhere else in the world they'd be out of business

May 23rd, 2012
Not on call with poor and untimely response/communication that would be expected from a physician. Staff is unable to schedule appointments with appointments running 2-3 days out.

May 22nd, 2012
Unavailable Doctor

March 2nd, 2010
AS A GENERAL PHYSICIAN HE IS GREAT!!!!
Hawaii couldn't ask for a better Doctor. I am very happy he is here but every Dr. can improve. I had a hysterectomy in 2005. Since then I have been experiencing MANY symptoms, most of which are seriously affecting my quality of life.Dr. Harmeling came highly recommended by my friends, family and co-workers. He seems to be a caring Doctor and VERY knowledgeable. But I don't understand why when I came to him with my long list of symptoms he just said, "You know this isn't life threatening?" I said, "I know that." Its my quality of life that I am after. I feel that the symptoms are clues that my Doctor can figure out and help me feel better. I can only speculate but I guess Dr. Harmeling only has time for patient with life threatening problems? But the fact is my problems can become life threatening if they aren't treated now. That is called preventive medicine. I want to prevent "LIFE THREATENING" I don't WANT TO FEEL BAD and I am not JUST trying to find something wrong. I know myself and I know what I was like before the surgery and I am a completely different person because of the memory loss "foggy brain" fatigue, insomnia and adrenaline pumping I feel every night and morning, the anxiety I now suffer with. Sorry, I don't just want to live with it.Its not Dr's fault. I think I have been barking up the wrong tree these last 5 years with General Physicians. I need a specialist but there is only one Endocrinologist that comes to the Big Island once a month. I should have gone to him from the start.