Dr. Stefan Monev MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.6

June 16th, 2016
not worth the time
never will go to him again

March 26th, 2016
This was the biggest waste of time and money I ever spent! I left in tears! This man had me diagnosed before he ever entered the room! He does not listen to anything you say. He went as far as to give me symptoms and when I disagrees he told me I was wrong! He took none of my history into consideration dismissed multiple bloodwork indicating rhuematoid disease and 2 of them point specific to what disease they were told me that it wasn't true. Told me I had fibromyalgia and insomnia, I have absolutely no problem sleeping and never told him I did, I have none of the points of pain for fibro I do not fit that criteria at all. And marked me as a high risk medicine user, let me note I have kidney disease I am not allowed to take any nsaids or anti-inflammatory I am only allowed tylenol which does not help the pain I have so my doctor does prescribe me pain medication I use very minimal amount of it but he didn't care and offered me nothing else to help with the pain. Now I have to spend more time and money to get another Rhuematologist so that I can walk halfway normal again hopefully and find something besides prescription pain killers to help with my situation. This man leaves you feeling small and unworthy, he does not care he is there to collect a paycheck!

February 3rd, 2016
I was treated by Dr. Monev after Dr. Greist decided to not return to the pratice. I left my appointment in tears after meeting with him if that tells you anything. I've never met a more condescending, rude, cold, uncaring physician in my life. He told me in my appointment that I was on too much medication and refused to fill my scripts. The only reason why I'm able to physically walk into my appointment is because of my medicine!!!! Before Enbrel and Methotrexate I couldn't use my hands or stand on my feet. I'm currently rationing out my enbrel until I can get in to see a new rheumatologist. I wouldn't recommend this man to anyone. He should be ashamed.

January 13th, 2016
In a hurry to be done with you, and treats you like there is really nothing wrong with you. Hard to understand.

December 15th, 2015
Waste of time.
I had a very similar experience to most of the other reviews. He couldn't claim my problems were from weight so he tried to say my joint pain was from depression. Dealing with doctors like him is certainly depressing, but also did not cause my joint pain. He decided I had fibromyalgia since that is easy to diagnose, impossible to prove, and he doesn't treat it. I didn't even fit the criteria of fibromyalgia with not nearly enough points of pain needed for a diagnosis. Fortunately, I was able to figure out on my own that my birth control Essure was poisoning me. I am fine after getting a hysterectomy. Sad that this guy is still treating patients with a 1.5 star rating and some pretty serious accusations.

November 15th, 2015
I would not recommend him to any one.
He is a poor example for a physician. The one and only appointment I attended at his office was terrible. His remarks were rude. His examination was sloppy. They had me change into a gown and no one offered to help me to the table or off the table even though I was visibly struggling to move.

November 4th, 2015
This man has absolutely no communication skills unless making me feel small and not worthy of his time. Got absolutely nothing from this appointment. What a waste of time and money.

September 30th, 2015
Do not waste your time with him
Dr. Monev was a condescending jerk. I would never recommend anyone to see this doctor. My appointment was completely pointless just for him to attempt to make me feel stupid then refer me back to my pcp.

March 29th, 2015
I had fibromyalgia for many years and was coping with it just fine until I started getting worse pain the last couple of years. I was referred by my family physician to another doctor in his office but the lady who made my appointment convinced me to see him because he was available sooner. The staff was nice and courteous and I was looking forward to finally get ting some help. I was very disappointed after I saw him. even when I was trying to explain my symptoms to him it was obvious he had already made up his mind that I just had fibromyalgia and he wanted nothing to do with it. He rushed the visit and gave me a couple of blood tests to do and his nurse called a week later to tell me the tests were normal and to just follow up with my family doctor! My family doctor then wanted to refer me to another rheumatologist!!

October 7th, 2014
Spent most of the time with his nose in hIs laptop.
Very courteous staff. I was referred by my PCP. He diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. He then asked about depression and stress. Didn't listen to my symptoms and referred me back to my PCP without treatment. Total waste of my time and insurance co-pay.

February 7th, 2014
I have been a patient for several months and have no complaints about my treatment. The staff and the Dr. have always been considerate and value my time. My condition is much improved and it seems he is working to do even more for me. Dr. Monev may not have a sparkling personality but it in my opinion he is a competent and caring man who is doing his best to help his patients. In truth losing weight would help many of us. If you need to be coddled finding another MD was the right choice. IMHO

September 23rd, 2013
patient
The staff and Dr Monev were very nice and professional. The Dr order tests to make sure of an accurate diagnosis. One thing which was really great, was how familiar he was with medicare issues. A follow up visit has been scheduled.