Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Video profile
4745 Ogletown Stanton Rd
Ste 106
Newark, DE 19713
302-454-9800
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

|  Love this Dr.  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2014

I have had dr. marshall for over 15 years and just love her. She always comes in the room with a smile on her face and shakes your hand and asks how I am doing. Then proceeds with the exam and asks if there are any questions or concerns, just like I would expect from a great dr. If I have any concerns she listens and takes it from there.Very pleased.

|  save your breath  |  show details
by julie on Mar 30th, 2014

Do NOT go to Dr. Marshall. She was 2.5 hours late for my 1st appointment with her. She literally ran into the room, did an internal exam and internal ultrasound and was out of the room in less than 7 minutes. She never introduced herself, was extremely rude. She did ask if we had any questions and when Hubs and I both said yes she replied with "Google it." The staff is rude, she is rude. Save yourself the time and go to a different doctor AND practice.

Feb 24th, 2014

Dr. Marshall gives the impression she is thinking about her next patient when in the room with you. I have always felt rushed and as if she does not listen / hear me. I am currently pregnant with my first child and have been disappointed to say the least with the care I have received. At my last appointment, a nursing student was with Dr Marshall for the day. The nursing student came in ALONE to ask me questions and listen to the baby's heartbeat, she found it for only a second and then kept losing it / was unable to find. to which the nursing student said well it sounded good when we heard it for a moment. I didn't think much because I figured Dr. Marshall would listen for herself since no one else was in the room with the nursing student and I. She NEVER listened to the baby's heartbeat (I was considered high risk throughout my entire first trimester and just was lifted from that). Additionally, I am seeing another specialist for a condition I have, and because of dizziness and light headedness I was feeling, they suggested I have Dr. Marshall test my iron levels to see if anemia could be a contributing factor. The nurses in Dr. Marshall's office said that should be easy, we'll leave a note for her for when she joins you no problem. I then had to ask Dr. Marshall three times for it before becoming stern with her in order to get a prescription for my bloodwork, she said she just didn't feel necessary regardless of what my other doctors were requesting. Just didn't feel like she cared and writing a script for bloodwork is so easy and such an easy way to find out if a contributing factor or rule out. I have also had issues with some of the nursing staff as well.

|  VERY unprofessional!  |  show details
by Dr. J on Feb 1st, 2014

My wife called saying she has intermittent severe pain. We weren't extremely concerned but she remembered her OB always stressed calling whenever there is a concern. Dr. Marshall returned the call after about 30 minutes and said "This is Dr. Marshall." That's it. No "what's going on?" or "how are you?" After a pause, my wife discussed her concerns and Dr. Marshall (I quote) said "Pain is pain, if you thought it was severe enough to call me, go to the ER, I can't help you on the phone." Her manner was rude and unprofessional, and she didn't ask a single question nor give any other information. My wife and I are both doctors and we both have on-call hours. Sometimes we get paged for the most ridiculous things, but neither of us have ever once been rude to a patient. We take our time and explain things, we reassure the patient or at least explain what the problem might be and why it may be important to come in immediately. I understand she can't diagnose a problem on the phone, but there were several questions she probably should have asked. There are two things I pray for: 1. That we have a healthy baby, and 2. That Dr. Marshall doesn't deliver our baby.

Apr 18th, 2013

Very happy with Dr. Marshall. Love her!! :)

Oct 8th, 2012

Dr. Marshall was the oncall doctor for my daughter's labor and delivery at Christiana Hospital. I give Dr. Marshall the highest recommendation because there were no medical records in the hospital for my daughter and there were unanswered questions about a medical condition. So, on a weekend, Dr. Marshall found the necessary documentation and consulted the oncall specialist in the hospital about the medical condition. As a result, the medical concerns were resolved. Furthermore, Dr. Marshall was very nice, informative, attentive and available.

|  Terrible Disposition/Bedside Manner!  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

This woman is a terrible listener and offered an opinion on my situation that had nothing to do with medicine!! She ignored my complaints about my symptoms and said I was just stressed. In reality, I had an issue that had to be treated with surgery that was quickly diagnosed by the next physician I saw. Don't go to her!!!