Dr. Stefano Stella MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 20 reviews

November 9th, 2016
The doctor is very helpful and talks too with calm voice. NOW the staff especially the front desk is horrible. I made an appointment 2 weeks before i went in, had to go in for my results. I called days before I went in to confirm my appointment because i forgot the date, I informed them if the xray came in and she said that it will be here for my appointment. 10 min before my appointment i get a call from the office asking me what type of procedure did i have and when. My answer was like you are asking me now 10 min to the appointment at 5:50. staff says that they were trying to reach the radiology room. I said to her 10 mins to 6pm they are probably closed. Mind you i left work early for this appointment. So i arrive at the appointment and asked her if the results are in she said they are going to fax them now. Waiting on waiting room for about min, the doctor came and told m that the results are not in. My fave dropped. How can you staff call me 10 min to my appointment for this mess and then lied to me about that they had it. OHHH boy that was a long day for me. Staff before was not bad at all until a few months ago. I gave one star for courteous of staff because it doesn't allow me to give a negative star lol

March 14th, 2016
i had an appointnent today which i waited 3 months for it, so i got called to canceled the lady who called me apologized so many times that I realized this is a doctor I don't want to see anymore he was highly recommended by a friend but I was very dissapointed because this is the 3rd time I'm getting the same phone call if he is so busy maybe he should stop having office hours and stop waisting people time some of us do work and have to take off so we can make it to these appointments only so we can be told he is not in..feel bad for the staff who have to make those calls because this time I understood but the other 2 previous call I remembered been so upset I completely went off on them.. smh
Doctor's Response

unfortunately until 3/14/16, the schedule was managed by administrators at the hospital. Now I'm solo again and it will improve

March 8th, 2016
Upset
Dr Stella is a great doctor and I have been his patient for many years. Before someone puts something on the site understand it is not his STAFFS fault when HE cancels last minute.It is a doctor who tries to do to much.If been in the office many of times and hear the way he speaks to his staff. Out right rude. If that was my wife daughter mother he should have repect. His staff never has a problem to try to help patients he just doesn't allow them to. Just remember to try to understand they are human the phones are always busy why because he has to many numbers and you can check the Web site if you are SO upset I've been in the waiting room and hear to phone ring off the hook. He is always late and not his staffs fault they are there from start to finish.
Doctor's Response

Since the summer 2015 I've been covering doctors on medical leave and vacation, therefore I've worked twice as hard. That coverage ended 3/14/16.

January 11th, 2016
I can't speak for Dr Stefano's staff as i never visited his office. I happen to have him as he is affiliated with my primary ob-gyn Dr. Brana Leon, and he never checked on me while I was waiting in the delivery room and he did not perform my son's circumcision properly. The cut was uneven therefore leaving excess skin that it needs to be redone. Terrible thing to put a kid through.

July 8th, 2015
Appointments at this DR office are always being canceled. He has too many patients, waiting time is too long! Staff is rude!

March 25th, 2015
he delivered my two kids, he is great, but the lady that works for him, Gina, is extremely rude. No complains about him he is the best.

January 21st, 2015
Great caring OB/GYN
I have been going to Dr. Stella now for over 15 years. While the wait can be long and some of the staff may be rude I don't mind. He is very kind, knowledgeable and caring. He takes his time and answers any questions I may have no matter how many, with great explanation. He delivered my first son 5 yrs ago and kept me calm through it all. When I lost my last pregnancy he showed much concern and compassion. I trust his judgement 100% and will continue to go to him as long as he is practicing medicine.

November 11th, 2012
Rude Staff, Long wait times
don't let the ratings fool you. Dr. Stella is actually very nice and knowledgable but there has been quite a few incidents where the staff was rude to me and they were complaining about their jobs in front of their patients.

October 4th, 2012
Bad Staff
I've read reviews on Dr. Stella on other websites and some of them were very detailed on how bad the service and wait was. I never thought it would be the worst case scenario though! My appointments get cancelled w/o notice. They asked why I didn't call to confirm the appt.. well when I made the appt I thought that was confirmation?? The staff is very rude and unprofessional.

October 4th, 2012
Worst OB GYN experience ever
every single one of my appointments were cancelled due to an emergency. the staff there, esp. Karen is very rude. She doesn't find a solution for patients and are not mindful of other people's time. I made those appts and can't keep on rescheduling just because an emergency occurred. I've had other great OB-GYNs that were affiliated with hospital and never had a bad experience. I asked her to have the doctor call me and she said "Dr. Stella is a private practice, we have our rules and he doesn't call patients ever. They HAVE to come into the office to speak with him". I'll never come to this office or recommend this office to my patients.

October 16th, 2011
Horrible Staff
I love Dr.Stella he delivered my son 4 years ago, but the staff has always been nasty with their attitudes. I went in on a Saturday to the Edgewater Office and had to wait 3 hours with my newborn just for him to tell me in 2 minutes there was nothing wrong with my c-section sutures. Dr.Stella has always been nice, but gets offensive if you try to go to another hospital that he doesn't participate with like he said to me well good luck with your delivery when I wanted to go to Hoboken University instead of Meadowlands Hospital. That's the only problem I've had with him and now sometimes I feel he rushes in and out of the exam rooms. His staff is BEYOND HORRIBLE, the only person that was nice to me since say one was a girl name Jessica which she is no longer there. I keep going to him because I feel comfortable with him, but soon I'll have another doctor.

March 7th, 2011
He is good
I've seen Dr Stella since 2007 and I have never been pregnant. Dr Stella is good and takes his time with the patient. He explains everything, you will walk away well informed, even draw a picture of my problem so the referral doctor could see it. I never have problems making appoitments. He is always available. The office is not so good following up on your problem so you need to be on top of it. Other than that I will continue seen Dr Stella.