Internists, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
West Omaha
Nebraska Cancer Specialists
17201 Wright St
Ste 200
Omaha, NE 68130
402-334-4773
Locations and availability (8)

by Myra Tobin on May 19th, 2014

The first time he saw us he told us that he would find out what was devastating to my health. After many years of losing ground in my health it was comforting to know what I was dealing with. When he found out what it was, he took as much time as we wanted to discuss the treatment and the disease. I never have felt rushed and know that he would take whatever time is needed to talk and help me. I am confident in his ability to find and do whatever is best for me. He made an effort to see me every day that I was in the hospital even coming at 11:00 at night just to make sure he saw me that day. At the appointments he spends whatever time we need. He seems to be more than a doctor, he feels like a friend. His explanations help build confidence in the treatment and in his abilities to help find what is best for the individual. Even when we have seen him out of the medical situations he has made extra effort to greet us and introduce us to his family. It is nice to feel wanted.

|  Uncommon Man  |  show details
by W. David Scott on Mar 7th, 2014

Dr. Tarantolo is not only a brilliant doctor, I would expect that, if I had done my homework and research on finding the best doctor, I would expect nothing less, that would be common. But Dr. Tarantolo is a person that cares, is genuine, and kind. That is uncommon. If he doesn't know the answer, he doesn't make one up, he continues to work to find the answer. After surgery, he is the first person I see when awake. He calls through out the weeks following to see how I'm progressing. Late at night, if i'm having issues, I text him and always get an immediate reply. He does not look at you as a patient, but as a person. Truly Uncommon.

Apr 17th, 2013

Every single time I had a follow up appointment with this doctor for over two years I saw him, he would come in the room late, and then say "Why are you here?" He had not reviewed my file and would have to look at it to refresh his memory. He would rush the visit to about 5 minutes. I could not get a conclusive diagnosis after all this time. He would make instant decisions based on the blood results at that moment (not looking at risk factor and results over time) and would take me off blood thinners and put me on aspirin. Without fail I would have blood clots within a few days of being put on aspirin. I got tired of hearing "You dodged another bullet" by my primary care doctor. I got tired of no diagnosis or logical, consistent plan of treatment. Switched to another hematologist and got diagnosed within a few months and given appropriate treatment with no further problems. My current doctor never has to ask why I am there, and knows my file and can discuss everything without being late or rushing me out after just 5 minutes. I have no doubt this doctor is very good with cancer patients. I did not feel he was interested in dealing with autoimmune disorders.

Nov 28th, 2012

He treated me initally for blood disorder. Discovered prostate cancer, had it removed with full recovery. Found lung cancer and again had removed with no reoccurence to date. Wouldn't go to any other oncologist.

Oct 17th, 2011

Without a doubt he the most personal and caring doctor I have ever been associated with. He takes time to get to know me. His recommendations for my cancer have been outstanding.