inactive

Stehphen P Thomson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0

no change

April 12th, 2016
Bad VA doc
I've had a few visits with Dr. T, and on the last visit one of his interns, you see Dr. T doesn't see you, asked if I had met the doctor, and I told him the truth; no. Within a matter of moments of the intern reporting back to the doc, Dr. T shows up in the exam room, and promptly lied to my face. I've filed a complaint against him with the medical review board of the state. I requested he look into my testosterone levels, and possibly prescribe it to me since my levels were that of a 90 yo man, and he calls me on the phone to tell me that my genitalia would shrink.... I found out later, by watching a teaching video of his, he has an issue with weightlifting and weightlifters, and that all weightlifters get big on steroids and are a bunch of whiners.

July 13th, 2015
Poor Veterans Administration Doctor
I don't have a positive review for Dr. Thomson. His bedside manner is terrible and he is clearly more concerned about the cost of treatment than he is about quality of life or the patient. He spent considerable time talking at me but didn't listen to anything I had to say as doing so would weaken his position. If you have to see a Dr. at the Veterans Administration I would ask to see anyone else. Presents himself as the "Wacky Professor", truth is he should have remained in either research or as an academic.

September 6th, 2013
Patient
Dr. Thomson was more concerned about cost savings then the patient's life style and long term comfort for diabetes treatment. He stated that he does not support insulin pump or sensor therapy because of the cost. He emphasized the results of the "ACCORD" study which was specific to type 2 diabetes . I am type 1. I found him very unnegotiable in his proposed treatment methodology for type 1 diabetes.