Dr. Stepan Kasimian MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Culver City, CA

3.8

January 20th, 2016
Unreasonable Wait Time and Yet he sees my time as not valuable.
He kept me and my clients waiting for over an hour . But when I was late 20 minutes and he could not proceed with an IME he wants to charge my clients $700 for the "delay". I am going to send him an invoice for my time and see how he sees it.

August 1st, 2015
I was living with terrible back pain for over a year. I had many physical therapy sessions and finally ended up on a walker. Dr. Kasimian performed surgery and I am no longer in pain.
Doctor's Response

I'm glad that it worked out for you. I hope that you have a great back healthy life.

July 7th, 2015
Happy with services

June 16th, 2015
Dr Kasimian is a nice doctor and will answer any questions you ask,but when it comes down to do any surgery he postpones it over and over. I have 53 degree scoliosis with 2 degenerative disks in my lower back and he sent me to physical therapy. A little painful to exercise when there is no disk and its bone to bone. I live in Northridge and have been seeing him at his Glendale office which is about 1 hour and in 7 months all he did was talk and talk about what surgeries could be performed but even after I completed therapy and got M.R.I's and full spine x-rays he still has not scheduled any surgery. He will sit and talk about removing bone from your knee and use it in your back and recovery is 3 days and even I can be 1 inch taller if they straighten my back. I believe he would make a pretty good used car salesman. I do believe it is because I have medi-cal and there is not a lot of money in it for him because medi-cal doesn't pay full price so I do think he sees $$$$ not your pain.
Doctor's Response

I'm always trying to treat the patients the best I can with non-surgical means. When this fails I recommend surgical intervention if I feel that this would help the patient. I do not want to see patients in pain and became a doctor in order to help my patients. I urge you to make another appointment with me at our new location to discuss the surgery again. Thank you for your response.

April 17th, 2015
Sleezey!
Like the other reviewers have stated, the wait times are outrageous but that is because this guy is an ambulance chaser preying on people who have been injured in auto accidents. His waiting room is packed solely of people with bodily injury claims from auto accidents or workers comp. His practice is pretty much just to jack up medical costs and he knows he'll get paid through people's settlement with insurance company - but those outrageous charges come off the top of the settlement so he doesn't care since it just reduces your monetary recovery!! If your atty sends you to this guy even for a consult, insist on someone else or better yet, reconsider your choice of attorney! Don't say you weren't warned when you get slapped with a $5000 bill for a 15 min "consult"!! I wish I had had the good sense to walk out like several other people did after waiting 2 hours!
Doctor's Response

My bill for a consult is misstated. For questions regarding billing please contact my billing company. COSMA is the billing company and my office can provide you the phone number. I realize I can't satisfy everybody and I hope that you find help with whatever spine injury you have.

April 8th, 2015
Unprofessional with timing
After waiting for an hour and half after our appt., we were told to expect another one hour to see the Dr. He may be a good Dr.; however, it is unacceptable to provide an appointment and expect the patient to arrive on time, just to make them wait for unreasonable wait time. The waiting room was small and had approx. 3-4 of the patients sit on the floor in the outside side hallway. It appears that this office has such an issue with their appointment scheduling that they even have a sign on the front desk apologizing for the extended waiting time in advance. By this act alone this office clearly presented their respect and care of their patients, with the knowledge that their patients are there to see the specialist due to back/spine issues, and cannot sit/stand for extended period of time. For that, we walked out since we were not going to allow this to occur on follow up visits. Although we lost time off from work, experienced unjust pain by waiting and not to validate the parking ticket, I think it was a small price to pay to eliminate this Dr.'s office from our list of specialists.
Doctor's Response

I'm always trying to improve patient care including wait times. Unfortunately, if I schedule less patients, which would mean shorter waiting time, it would delay appointments by several weeks. I hope that you find your ideal spine surgeon specialist.

June 24th, 2014
avoid this dr.
visit in beverly hills office was ok. the tragedy with this man is that unless you are potentially bringing him a significant fee, he has no interest whatsoever in taking the follow-up actions promised. whether you are in pain or not is the least of his concerns. He has ignored all requests for a status report for over a month - and I am now filing a formal complaint because he is in violation of the california patients bill of rights. aqvoid him.

December 4th, 2013
Great Service and Knowledgeable Doctor
Great experiences with Dr. Kasimian. After having severe neck, back, and shoulder pain resulting from a work injury and having seen multiple Doctors that were unable to assist me with my injuries or even figure out what was wrong, Dr. Kasimian managed to find the problem and assisted me with the treatments and management of my injuries. Without his help, I would not have been able to regain a lot of my pre-injury functions. Considering the amount of patients he sees daily, I'd say his time management skills are flawless as he still manages to take his time and custom tailor recovery plans according to individual needs and injuries. I would highly recommend him to anyone I know. As a veteran Army infantryman, who has seen countless physicians, I can honestly say that he is truly one of the best in his field of expertise. I will definitely utilize his services for any future needs.

June 12th, 2013
Waste of time and money
I had gone to see dr.Kasimian to get some x rays for my back. I was able to get an apt pretty fast but once i got to my apt i was waiting at least an hour or so. Then was told to get x rays at cedars and they would review them and for me to return the following friday. So i came back the next week and my x rays weren't there and no one said anything to me so i drove there for nothing. From then on i went back and forth with various assistants, receptionist etc... and no one know what was going on and they had no idea where my x rays were (grrrr). So finally about a month later they found what they call are my x rays and wanted me to come back into the office which i didn't go to waste my time and pay another co pay. So they mailed me what they clam to be my x rays. I also just received a bill from them (which i dont even feel i should be paying cause service was a joke, but you cant fight it) and its impossible to pay it. The 1800 # listed sends you to a voice mail and no one knows who to make the check out to. So annoying!!!!! so to avoid this happening to you please see another dr
Doctor's Response

I'm not sure if you have the correct office since we don't have a 1-800 number you are referring to. If we were the office, we hope to correct any inconvenience you experienced. Unfortunately, we don't always receive films when the imaging center states it was sent to the office. We do our best to obtain all information prior to our patient's visit and Dr. Kasimian does spend a great amount of time with his patients to address all of their concerns which may sometimes result in a longer wait time. The feedback from our patients is once they are seen, Dr. Kasimian makes the wait worth it. Please call us at our 818 or 310 phone number and ask for the practice manager, Hilda, in order for us to do our best to assist you with your needs.

November 6th, 2012
Horrible
Office is rude, unprofessional, to schedule an appointment is a nightmare.DONT recommend this office.
Doctor's Response

We apologize if you had a bad experience with our staff. We have made changes in our practice that may have already addressed your concerns, however, we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please call us and ask for the practice manager, Hilda, in order for us to be aware of the individual serving you and how we may improve on our patient experience. Our goal is to provide professional and empathetic care to all of our patients.

September 6th, 2012
Dr. Kasimina is an amazing doctor. He truly cares for his patient and with one surgery he relieved my husband of all his pain and made him able to walk upright again! I would never recomend anyone else!