Dr. Stephan Ames MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 14th, 2017
I would reccommend this Doctor
I have been going to this Dr since my children were babies and they are grown women now. He has always listened to me and been very helpfu to me,I feel like he is working with me to improve my health and is always concerned. I feel like we are a team. Unlike some Dr's that seem like they know better than you do about your body that is not the case with Dr Ames,he always listens to my concerns, and to my questions,and even to my ideas,even new age ideas. He makes it easy for me to be proactive in my own health care. The office staff needs to work a bit harder at getting things together and to be a bit nicer,they are not the friendlyliest people to deal with and prescritions have not been easy to get lately.

August 23rd, 2010
Doesn't seem to scan previous record of patient very well. (There is where computer needs as new health plan suggests). Seems to let personal priorities outweigh patients needs at times. Sometimes does not gives answers to patients questions...no matter how 'dumb' a patient question seems, it deserves some sort of answer! Otherwise it makes the doctor look either dumber than patient, or arrogant as if patient does not deserve an answer.Otherwise this doctor is a sweetheart, kind, knowledgable, and tries to be understanding. I would recommend him.

February 14th, 2017
Dr Ames saved my life,he thouhgt I had a gallbladder problem when the ER told me I had a kidney infection and he sent me to a specialist.The specialist told me I would have been dead within a few days if I hadn't come n and had the surgery.

July 16th, 2015