Dr. Stephan Kowalyk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephan Kowalyk?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 4th, 2016

So glad I found Dr. Kowalyk!

I've been seeing Dr. Kowalyk and his assistant Sherry for about ten years. He was my third opinion. He's not close to me geographically, but it's worth the travel time to see him. I trust him. I've read other reviews where he's referred to as brusque or worse, but I don't see him that way at all. He's to the point but we have conversational moments at every visit. We talk about options and work together to choose my care. I feel like we're very much a team. He's obviously a very busy man trying to manage a ton of patients so maybe someone caught him on a particularly taxing day? The medical assistants are great! The last one I saw (I wish I remembered her name) was like an instant friend as we did all the preliminary stuff you do before the doctor comes in. Sherry is fantastic. When I see her, the whole process from beginning to end is faster than normal. In fairness, I have had mixed experiences with the office admin staff over the course of my visits there. Mostly it's positive, though, so I choose to overlook the few negative moments.

March 2nd, 2016

Waiting on more blood work and a second ultrasound on my thyroid to receive a diagnosis. I only had the testing done that I was ordered to get from my primary. So far I like this dr. The receptionist was not too friendly but she wasn't necessarily mean either...just busy. The medical assistant was super nice and friendly.

September 11th, 2013

efficient and helpful

I have been going to dr.s for 6 years trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Not one of them even considered that I might have PCOS (because I am not infertile, apparently). Dr. Kowalyk ordered all the appropriate labs and made the diagnosis very quickly. His office called me as soon as the lab work was in, and worked with my schedule to get me an appointment. The actual appointment was brief but exactly what I needed. Diagnosis on the basis of lab work and symptoms. Further labwork ordered to make sure nothing is missed. Options presented. Prescription given. All done. The staff were all courteous and very helpful as well. Dr. Kowalyk himself is brusque and to the point but perfectly pleasant. My only complaint is that although he called my prescription in while I was still in the office, it never made it to my pharmacy's system. I don't know if that was a human error of some problem with the system though. When I called back this morning the person who answered told me they'd have it resent immediately.

April 3rd, 2013

Horrible uncaring man

I too went there . I had all of my records faxed to him way before appt. When I arrived they complained because I never had records sent . Guess what they were still on fax machine. No one bothered to read them. Dr.spent no more then 5 mins with me. Was an arrogant you know what. I have serious health issue . No one cared to read my records ., Dr. did not even want to hear anything I had to say

November 8th, 2012

offce staff

I needed a ct scan and I called to schedule it Through Excela Health.Clerk asked me for an auth number from my insurance company. I told them I did not have this because Your office said if i needed one to contact them. The clerk from Excela Health said that your office is well aware that an auth number is needed.I have been calling your office since last Friday and you keep telling me you are working on it and tried to blame it on my insurance company.I have been in touch with my insurance company and they informed me that you haven't even been in touch with them.They said this procedure only takes 5 min.and can be done on their website.I really have no problem with the Doctor.It's the people that work for him.

March 30th, 2012

Highly Qualified

Dr. Kowalyk is a caring, professional and highly qualified endocrinologist. His schedule is very busy, but that is because he is a sought after physician. I feel very confident about my care.

January 19th, 2012

I have gone to this Dr.for at least 15 yrs.He has always been a concerned Dr. and has always listened to me about how I feel.

October 11th, 2009