Overall Review

July 25th, 2016
Don't Listen to Naysayers!
She did my daughter's laser surgery 20 years ago and will soon be doing my surgery. You do n-o-t have to wait 2 hours! She's got a busy practice so the occasional wait but staff very friendly as is she. Any extra tests equals 'thorough'! She does not talk about herself, only if you approach the subject. Her manner is perrrfect for me; I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to docs and she makes me feel instantly at ease. Highly recommended.

July 9th, 2015
very unprofessional pushes surgery. and the office is gross. filthy bathroom. rugs are horrible. you wait forever and she orders a million test every time you come in. then spends 30 seconds with you. I would never use her again.

March 17th, 2014
Would definitely recommend.
Unlike some doctor's offices these days, Dr. Becker's staff was very kind and courteous. I had to wait a bit to see the doctor, but that's not unusual. Dr. Becker was very empathetic, took a very good family history of my Dad's glaucoma, and discovered that I had high pressure in both eyes. From there, she did some more tests to be sure that my optic nerves were not damaged. She took the time to explain the results and the options, and prescribed some eye drops to control the pressure. She is very smart and has a very nice bedside manner.

November 19th, 2013
Mints Please
if you are looking for a self righteous, egotistical full of herself female eye dr, then Stephanie Becker is for you. the wait in her office is at best 1 1/2. that is on a slow day for her. your time is just no where near as important as hers she will absolutely let you know this in no uncertain terms. i had an issue with her very short tempered, very rude receptionist, Carol. Question i had asked...."what might be a better time for my son and i to come in that we may not wait under 2 hours" it was if i just asked her to hand me over her first born. THE NERVE OF ME to think our time was also valuable. when asked to speak with the princess, oh, i mean DR. i was told the dr had no time to speak with me, i had to make an appt to SPEAK with her highness. i asked the woman to verify this. At that point the dr. called me after she was through at 8pm. which was perfectly fine with me. i might have said 4 words when she stopped me by saying this was not productive enough for her. REALLY?? When i asked her to hear what i was trying to say she again said nothing I had to say was productive enough for her to listen to. She then said, Are you going to make an appt. or not?? i replied Well Im not sure if this how you handle your patients. My family has gone to her for years. she then said, Ill be hanging up on you now, and she did. i have seen her in nail salons, no hello, she is too good for her pion patients. I am a cancer patient, which she is aware of, and have treatments in the much more accredited Sloan Kettering in the city. I have NEVER been treated this way EVER. Do NOT subject your family or friends to this very affected, mean spirited woman. she is CLEARLY in this for the money. There is NOTHING ethical or warm hearted about this person. As far as Carol, she is probably just a wreck working there. Tired of being bombarded by patients asking"Is it my turn yet". while of course the average person will complain to her and walk back to the princess and say nothing! Dr. Becker, i am a very good source of recommendation. I am also a very good source of letting people know when someone is cold hearted and full of themselves. By the way, i have been wanting to say this for years, so has my husband and boys.....Pretty is no longer pretty when you constantly are in need of a breath mint. Honestly. carry them in your pocket. its truly offensive. People, find another DR!!!!!!!!

May 16th, 2011
All this doctor wants to do is talk about herself. She forgets why you are there. She looks at what you are wearing and then talks about her life. You have to interrup her. Very uncaring person. Don't use her, find anothet doctor!!!!!

December 14th, 2008
Dr. Becker is very professional and explains what she is looking for.