"its just a virus" show details "its just a virus"
Aug 13th, 2015

In the ER with incredibly swollen right tonsil. Had been told by primary health doctor that if my vomiting cont'd to go to the ER. It did, so I did. The minute this "doctor" came into my "cell" she said hello followed by there is nothing she could do cause your problem is a virus, you don't have an abscess. She didn't examine me, she didn't ask any questions she just told me what was wrong with me. She was wrong. I said that I had been told it was tonsillitis by someone I trusted and... she cut me off and said that'd she'd image it but there wasn't going to be an abscess. She was incredibly rude about it. Her nurse spent most of her time trying to make up for the doctor's attitude. Her nurse actually tried to tell me "she's had a hard day." Excuse me?!? I've been throwing up for three days, I can't swallow anything and I can't sleep. Lets talk about having a bad day. After imaging an abscess was found and she made every effort to not mention it. She tried to give me pills to swallow which I was unable to swallow and I asked for liquid. 47 minutes later I had the liquid. Two days after my ER visit she left me a vm saying she forgot to tell me something. I was never able to get a hold of her to find out what that was. I had to find another dr. Had she said "what can I do for you today" it would have been a totally different experience but she didn't. Be forewarned: If Dr. Stephanie Bodes has a "hard day" she isn't going to focus on anything but herself.

Apr 15th, 2010

my experience in the ER was excellent in a difficult situation. DR Bodes was and amazing DR she spent her time and had extremely good bed side manners.

great ER Doc show details great ER Doc
Sep 11th, 2009

stephanie bodes had the best bed side manor. and she really spent alot of time with me and making sure that i received all the care that i needed.