Dr. Stephanie Bruce MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Houston, TX

no change

December 8th, 2016
cold, uncaring ,sad excuse for a "dr."

January 19th, 2016
I've been seeing Dr. Bruce for about 7 years now. Very professional and a great bedside manner. Always feel my questions are answered and she is very easy to talk to.

December 16th, 2015
Worst care ever
Don't be fooled by the awards on her bio like I was. She is a poor communicator at best and dishonest at worst. Never answered my questions and dismissed my concerns. She also charged us for services she didn't perform while failing to ignore my actual symptoms. She's proof that awards aren't reliable to judge competency.

October 30th, 2015
Awful Experience!
Please be warned. This doctor doesn't care about you. Your test results will not be given without another appointment and you will wait forever for it. Then, she will tell she is not really qualified to explain the results and refer you somewhere else. So, why did you come in the first place if she isn't qualified to explain your test results? Oh, but there will be a charge for the office visit where she tells you she isn't qualified to to explain your results.

July 27th, 2015
Poor communicator
Unfortunately, this doctor is more interested in overcharging for anything she can than being concerned for her patients. The other reviews are correct about the long wait times and confused staff, but I would have overlooked that for a competent, kind doctor. She asked me the same 2 questions for 6 visits in a row, never explained any lab results in detail, and rushed in and out of the room within 3-5 minutes. She performed unnecessary labs and billed us double for time she should have included in one visit. The worst part was that she didn't take my high risk pregancy seriously and pushed me off onto another doctor who was mystified as to why she sent me. After getting a prescription from that doctor, Dr. Bruce still did not monitor my symptoms. Her associate saw me when she left right as we were walking into the exam room for a "delivery". Thankfully he was appalled and took the right steps to rectify her neglect. Thank the Lord another doctor in the practice is professional and caring, but I should not have had to transfer in the middle of my pregnancy because she wasn't interested in giving me proper care.

August 9th, 2014
she is good
she is good。she is good。she is good。

June 15th, 2013
Although most of the times I waited were pretty ridiculous, sometimes even hours, I love Dr. Bruce. She is a very sweet, friendly woman and is very good at what she does. She also delivered me, and I felt it couldn't have gone any smoother. I would reccomend her to couples who are older though.

May 31st, 2013
Dr. Bruce has taken care of me during 3 pregnancies. I can't say enough good things about her. She is caring and patient.

April 10th, 2013
Left in stirrups over 15 min while she took a phone call!!!!!!
Waited over one hour in "nice" paper gown. When in room, while I had just been placed in stirrups, she got a phone call she left the room, about 2 minutes later the nurse left the room, leaving me in the stirrups. She returned 15 minutes later and stated it was her partner that she had taken call for the night before and she had to update her. Seriously!!!!!! That could not wait the one minute it would have taken to complete a pap smear? Would you ever go back???????

February 18th, 2013
Go to another doctor
I went to Dr. Bruce in Tomball before she moved to the Northwest Women's Center. She was just ok but better than what I had previously. When she moved to NW Women's Center is when I started having problems. The office wait time is too long, the nurses are not that friendly, you wait FOREVER in the room to see Dr. Bruce, the office staff at the front desk is more concerned over their personal conversations than the person standing in front of them and God forbid you need to obtain records from the office. When I was experiencing an infection I called the office. They told me Dr. Bruce was booked for TWO WEEKS. I explained I couldn't wait two weeks and needed to see another doctor then. Apparently, their policy is that I am Dr. Bruce's patient and she is the only one there who can see me. They gave me no other options to get the help I needed. I made the decision then to change doctors. I easily made an appointment with Dr. Eads in the Woodlands. The office staff was great, he was WONDERFUL and I decided he was my new doctor. I called Northwest Women's to get my records and they were so incredibly rude. The worst part was not that they were rude or that I had to pay $35 for my own records but the fact that they didn't even care why I was getting my records. Didn't even ask if there was something they could do. I'm very happy not going there and with my decision to switch.

September 28th, 2012
Good listener and well-informed
I switched to Dr. Bruce during my first pregnancy and am so glad I did. She listened to my concerns and always took time to discuss issues with me. She sometimes runs very late but the office staff always updates me and offers to reschedule. I figure I would want her to take her time with me during delivery so I don't mind the wait since that's typically the reason I am given for the delay. She is open to considering my preferences with labor and delivery and as a result, I was able to have a natural birth with my first child. I'm pregnant with my second now and am confident to return to her.

April 20th, 2010