Dr. Stephanie Callanan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Callanan?

Not great

Posted on April 24th, 2015

At first when I met with Dr. Callanan I thought she seemed nice, and felt she listened. I saw her for my first pregnancy, and as I got further into my pregnancy I realized she only pretends to listen. Toward the end of my pregnancy I felt terrible, I expressed my feelings to her and she just threw a prescription at me. I ended up having preeclampsia, that she failed to diagnose until afterwards, despite the fact that I had severe pitting edema and high blood pressure. But most importantly, regardless of the symptoms she missed, she dismissed my severe pain, which could have provided her with a clue that something wasn't right. I had a horrible experience delivering because of complications, and both my child and I had to be hospitalized. Had she taken the time to actually listen to me and had she bothered to perform a physical exam when I was in pain, she could have at least lessened if not prevented my need for the NICU altogether. I would never recommend her to anyone, unless you want a quick appointment and prefer a nonchalant approach to your health and your baby's life. A good listener she is not. Needless to say I won't be going to her for future pregnancies, or any other care.

Best Doctor I've Ever Had

Posted on January 31st, 2011

She was able to help me conceive within 3 months. She also diagnosed me with a rare condition found only in pregnancy that most physicians don't even know exist. She listened to all of my symptoms, ran tests right away, and called me personally with the results as soon as they came in. This potentially saved my baby's life. Most women who get this condition have stillborn children. She spotted it right away. I will never use another OB.

Posted on November 19th, 2009

Dr. Callanan was my doctor prior to me getting pregnant, and she's now been caring for me during my pregnancy. She makes her patients feel very comfortable both in her demeanor and in the knowledge she demonstrates. Given that this is my first pregnancy, she's been extremely patient with the numerous questions I come in with during each appointment, and she spends all of the time I need to thoroughly answer them. (and she answers them with terminology that "non-doctors" can understand) I would describe her approach during pregnancy as "conservative" meaning if she eeven suspects there's a slight chance that something might be going wrong, she's going to take action on it right away versus waiting it out to see how things play out. (which I appreciate)

Posted on June 2nd, 2017