Dr. Stephanie Casalman DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

May 5th, 2016
Dr Casalman is an excellent Primary Physician. She is up to date on the latest medical and medication. Takes her time with her patients and truly cares about their issues.

March 23rd, 2016
Doctor only sees healthy patients
I took my mother to see this doctor, only to be turned away at the appointment when they learned she needed a referral to a pain management doctor. The fact that she is over 60, has spinal stenosis, bulging discs in the neck, and essential tremors is evidently not enough justification in this doctors opinion to justify for her to be seen. Evidently this doctor only sees healthy patients, and they are not allowed to be in pain or she will refuse to see them.

March 23rd, 2016
Doctor only sees healthy patients

November 10th, 2015
Awesome staff

April 24th, 2015
Bad Service
Although I like Dr. Casalman, she is very attentive and seems as if she genuinely cares. Her staff, that's a different story. On 2 separate occasions, I was treated rudely and my situation trivialized. Just this morning, I called to schedule an appointment. The young lady who was supposed to schedule the appointment proceeded to ask some probing questions. When I finished going over what were my issues were, her response was "Well, the doctor is very busy. I'll have to speak to her when she gets back from lunch". I'm really not sure why after the third degree she could not set the appointment. I guess the fact that I was having a hard time breathing and that I felt fatigued wasn't good enough to schedule an appointment and she had to consult with the doctor. Needless to say, I will be taking my business elsewhere. They won't have a third chance to with me.

September 11th, 2014
I dont get what I'm reading
She is on it! My husband and I have been going to her for 2 years. We get same day apppointments if we are sick. Referrals are timely, and she listens. She stays on top of my husband's hbp issues. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

October 10th, 2013
Called to make first time appointment and was happy to find a quick apt in just a few days. Staff pleasant. Nurse quickly got a previous lab reports that I had failed to bring. Dr. Casalman listened to my questions and concerned, ordered appropriate tests addressing my concerns. Granted it was first visit so the jury is out for now about long term care, but for now I am very pleased.

September 5th, 2013
I've been seeing Dr. Casalman for years and as the years go by I get more and more frustrated with the service I get. She spends about 2-5 minutes with me and doesn't really examine me. I am relatively healthy, just a thyroid issue. So I have to do my routine blood work once a year and then come in to have her tell me the results are normal to get a prescription for the year. Unfortunately she never gives me a full years prescription. Usually 9 months worth. When I have to call the office to get a refill, I always have to fight with the nurse who speaks for the doctor. The doctor insists that I get blood work before she'll refill my prescription. I have to remind her every time that I have poor insurance and have to pay $100 just to see her and that I know that I only have to have blood work done once a year. So every year after much frustration and complaining on my part, I get my way. But this year I'm done with it. I'm looking for a new primary care doctor. I would not recommend her or Dr. Bourgalt to anyone. I feel like they just want me to come in to get my money and don't really care about my concerns. Also the front office staff isn't that friendly. I have a very high deductible and the staff is always very confused on what to do about that. I have to wait while they try to figure it out.

May 22nd, 2012
Office receptionist is a nasty lady. Will not relay messages. Dr does NOT help if their is a billing issue with insurance. After 6yrs had to change Doctors to get the attention & care any patient should receive. I do now thanks to Dr. Casalman and her moody receptionist. Nurse Nancy is super!

October 5th, 2011
She doesn't listen to you.
She's horrible....

August 29th, 2011
I saw Dr. Casalman for chronic shoulder pain/impingement. She ordered an x-ray, then, at the follow-up appointment, told me I had mild arthritis and that I should just continue taking Advil or Aleve to ease the pain. Never gave any other options. Six months later I was able to see a new physician who got to the root of the problem by ordering an MRI and diagnosing a rotator cuff tear in addition to bursitis. Now being seen by an orthopedist. Dr. Casalman does not take the time to listen to your concerns or thoroughly diagnose and treat your symptoms.

April 5th, 2011
I saw Dr. Casalman one time, she ordered some tests and I made a follow up appointment, I was called the morning of my appointment and told they needed to reschedule. I did. I was called the morning of my second appointment and told they needed to reschedule again. This time I did not, I am moving on to someone that will be avaialable for thier patients.