Family Physicians

1701 W Walnut Hill Ln
Ste 200
Irving, TX 75038
972-594-1111
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Unhappy client  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jul 9th, 2013

People may have great reviews about Dr. Elmore, and I don't doubt them because I have never seen her nor met her / only the PA's are there most of the time. But what I will say is that the front staff are very unprofessional and I think she should hire new front desk staff.

|  Overall - very solid  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2013

The front desk staff is not very friendly. They are usually very curt, impatient on the phone, and have a general tone of annoyance most times. The medical staff, however, I love. I have seen Dr. Elmore once or twice, but usually see "Mike" on a regular basis. He talks through the conditions, explains what's going on, and questions you on symptoms, etc. The thing I like most is that they don't just resort to drugs. They consider external influences like environmental conditions (allergies), stress levels (home life), etc. Overall, I really like them there. I agree with previous posts that the office is slightly outdated, but I can deal with that to go to folks like Mike and Dr. Elmore.

|  She is my Doctor  |  show details
by Sandy S. on Apr 4th, 2013

I have been going to Dr Elmore for over 10 years. She takes the time with you to LISTEN. She is not afraid to step outside the box and is current with changes. When I asked her about adding turmeric to my diet to help with arthritis she knew of its benefits. So she is not just an extension of the drug companies that many other Drs are. She also showed me exercises to reduce stress and pain. How many other Drs do that? Not many. If you don't want a straight talker don't go to her.

|  Surprised by the positive reviews  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2013

Almost takes medical issue as an argument to swat down everything I said. Assumed bladder infections were due to promiscuity. They were not! On another appt. told me nothing was wrong with a tendon that was X-rayed and diagnosed as torn by a different lady doctor later the same day.

|  Top Notch  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

Office decor is lacking (outdated), but the friendliness and professionalism of Dr. Elmore makes up for it ten fold. She is absolutely wonderful. I am comfortable talking to her about anything and have total confidence that I will receive the best possible care available.

|  Dr. Elmore is great, but.......  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

The office staff is lacking in all areas.They need to be trained in customer service. While I was seated in the waiting room, I heard the staff discussing a patient and their dislike for her. They used her name while talking about her. Also, rude over the phone.

|  show details
Nov 7th, 2011

After seeing a doctor for several years and being told I was depressed, I switched to Dr. Elmore and was diagnosed with a medical issue during my first visit with her. She ran the appropriate lab tests and found even more issues. My old doctor wasn't running the right tests. Dr. Elmore never chalked up my years of symptoms to depression.

|  awesome for hormone balance  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

I am a male 43, suffer from horrible hormone imbalances. Dr. Elmore and Michael are the ONLY Dr's in Dallas that know how to handle complex hormone treatment for a man. Very courteous, know what they are talking about.

|  Great doc  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2009

Dr Elmore is wonderful find. She actually sits down and listens to you. Takes everything into consideration and makes a diagnosis. She is helping me with an auto-immune disease and doing a fine job. Just like a doctor should.