Dr. Stephanie Gartner-Fanburg MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Portland, ME

October 22nd, 2015
You may want to think twice before seeing this provider
Dr Gartner-Fanburg was 35 minues late for my first and only appt with her and if she had looked at my chart, she was unable to retain any knowledge of the reason for which I was seeing her. She was curt, abrasive, and minimizing. She was visibly irritated at the list of questions I'd brought with me, as an informed consumer, and was aerogant when I questioned her regarding how my current symptoms impact my other medical issues. Despite there being limited Rheumatology resources in the State of Maine, I would highly suggest that you look for an alternative as you are unlikely to receive respectful care from this provider. She is motivated by her own agenda and not interested in the patient perspective. Seeing her felt like stepping into the dark ages where the mentality is that the doctor knows everything, the patient knows nothing, and your role as the patient is to shut up and do everything as the doctor tells you to do, blindly. That's just not acceptable patient care.

December 6th, 2011
New patient evaluation
this was one of the best appontments with a specialist ever. Dr Gartner was very personable, pleasant, and understanding. She listened to all my (many!) questions and concerns and set up a very reasonable plan for my treatment. I have been so, so nervous about this appointment and I feel much better since meeting with Dr Gartner. I would highly recommend this physician.

June 20th, 2011
Made difficult diagnosis for me and answered all of my questions with clear explanations. I would send all my friends to see her.

September 19th, 2010
Fantastic doctor. She answered my questions, was very friendly, and helped fix my illness.