Dr. Stephanie Hedstrom Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Hedstrom?

July 6th, 2015

Amazing perio

November 11th, 2012

Dr. doesn't care about diagnosis

Dr. Hedstrom spent very little time with me even thought the diagnosis for my baby was very upsetting. Her technician did most of the work. She came in at the end of the appointment and told me what the technician found and encouraged me to come see her again in several weeks. Her bedside manner was very matter of fact even though the news she was giving me was not good. I told my OB/GYN and I switched to another doctor that did take time to help explain my options.

July 26th, 2012

AVOID!!

My first impression of this doctor was that she was stuck on herself. Her waiting room was filled with pictures of her success stories and thank you letters. On my second appointment I found out my son had hyrocephalus. (This was the only appointment I went to by myself). She escorted me to her office and showed me pictures of children with hydrocephalus and when I asked her what I could do she informed that her opinion was to get an abortion. She then went on saying I was young and it would be hard for someone like me to raise a child with special needs. I asked for a second opinion and at that visit the doctors said that in Hedstrom's notes I was considering an abortion. I was ticked off to say the least. I have been tempted many times to walk my child into her office and show her how AMAZING he is. He did have some mild delays but he is also more advanced in some areas when compared to children his own age. He is now out of special education and I couldn't imagine life without him. It makes me wonder what she has told other paitents of hers that weren't going to be "normal". This doctor needs a bedside manner refreshment course. And not to press her personal values on her patients.

January 20th, 2017