Dr. Stephanie Elkins MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

January 16th, 2016
No complaints. Dr Elkins and entire staff are wonderful. They show compassion to patients and family members. Highly recommend this medical team.

February 28th, 2013
have been going to clinic for almost a year and have never seen or talked to her. She is my dr. and fellows have to talk to her but she has never sat down with me and discussed my diagnosis. Its been hard seeing different fellows all the time and not connecting to someone. I have cancer! I need a dr. that cares about me and is there for me. The wait time is awful. I have waited up to 4 hours to just see a fellow. The one fellow I really liked and knew about me, she changed to another day, so now I see someone that knows nothing about me. My last appt I saw a new fellow that had just come in. Starting all over again.

February 21st, 2013
She is a mixed bag. On the one hand she is knowlegable and keeps up. I was having MD Anderson Cancer center direct traffic and she was more than willing to work with them, talk with them on her own time, discuss with me where she agreed and disagreed with them... things I appreciated. She spends time with you (one reason why she runs behind, the other reason is the stupid clinic system). On the other hand she has blown off two apts and presumes you are familiar with chemo protocols and then gets upset with you when you screwup because you didn't know and didn't know to ask. She forgot to prescribe me anti nausea meds and had left by the time I was done with chemo and so I had to leave with nothing. As a result I threw up all night until I could get something the next morning. The person on call wouldn't call in anything; said I had to go to the ER- not doing that with a $150 co-pay (but other times the on call person was helpful). She is very touchy if you criticize her or her staff when they screw up so be careful. She is not all that tolerant if you get upset over clinic screwups (for example I had chemo scheduled, showed up, sat there for 4 hours, asking how much longer, got she's not here yet, must have been held up, and it turns out she was out of town, didn't leave behind orders so they couldn't do chemo but no one told me. I made an issue out of this and somehow I was the person in the wrong for getting upset. That clinic is quick to over react if you get upset with them so beware.

May 4th, 2011
Great!

April 14th, 2011
issues with her
SHe has blown off more than one apt, does not return phone calls (both are repeated problems), her nurse is not good about bridging those deficiencies either. She does spend time with you when you finally get to see her and generally she is nice, but waits are horrendous and it is not easy to get a timely apt (6 week waits are not uncommon unless her nurse intervenes but she is not good about returning phone calls either). She can NOT deal with even mild criticism and threatens to fire you as a patient if you complain about issues so beware. She forgets to tell you what she wants you to do and then gets upset when you don't do it. I have heard the other woman in that practice is much more conscientious than she is.

February 23rd, 2017