Condescending show details Condescending
Oct 21st, 2014

We were new patients to the office. She spoke with a condescending tone. Any statement she made about my son's health was vague and didn't elaborate any further when questions were asked. She seemed to have taken questions as challenges. She would use medical acronyms and jargon that was not meant to educate. Her demeanor was cold. My 1 year old son was upset (being a 1 year old, naked in an unfamiliar doctor's room) and she made no attempt to softly approach him when it was time to examine him. When I briefed her on my son's medical history and the advice we have been following from our previous doctor, she scoffed at the diagnosis and said rhetorically, "Who was your doctor?" An all around unpleasant experience.

Exceptional Doctor! show details Exceptional Doctor!
Apr 1st, 2014

Dr. Mackanic has been fabulous with our 10 year old daughter and we are very pleased. She engages with her in during examinations and gives her tools to make health decisions. Dr. Mackanic explains things accurately in words our daughter can understand. Further, she caught a slight difference in our daughter's health that enabled us to begin treatment very early. We are grateful.

Very unprofessional show details Very unprofessional
by Mother of newborn on Feb 10th, 2013

Dr. Mackanic was the attending pediatrician at the hospital when my son was born. She made some medical calls that my husband and I questioned and she was a bully and hostile in answering our questions. When asked to speak with our regular physician in the group she refused and even made a very territorial remark asking why we needed the advice of two doctors even though she was not even our doctor. She was very unprofessional, a bully and arrogant to us and I would not place her in the same group of high caliber professionals as the other doctors in the group.