Dr. Stephanie Martinez Hawthorne Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Martinez Hawthorne?

Birth Control

Birth Control

Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Martinez Hawthorne?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2017

Wonderful Doctor

Met Dr. Stephanie Hawthorne for the first time. She is very quick and articulate, to the point. Dr. Hawthorne made me feel very comfortable. She follows the example of a compassionate physician who cares for her patients. I am very happy to be under her care!!! Thank you Dr. Hawthorne!!

November 17th, 2016

patient

does not follow through with what she says

October 6th, 2016

Always been very open and out going. Willing to answer any questions I have

July 7th, 2016

A disinterested doctor

She lacks compassion. I went through two procedures and biopsies. Each time I had to wait 2 to 4 weeks for results. Her assistant is just as bad in returning phone calls or e-mails. She was never able to diagnose properly except for ordering more diagnostic exams. Most recently I called and e-mailed requesting for antibiotics because I was having severe gastrointestinal distress so much that I ended up in ER. I told her staff that. She never called me nor ordered any meds for me. When I called again the response from her staff was she away from the office and won't be back for two weeks. I questioned whether there was a physician on call, if he could help me, and finally had a reply. Of course, that was after my questioning them whether they really cared or wanted me for their patient. No, I would never recommend her as anyone's doctor. Needless to say I have found another doctor to assist me with my problems.

October 13th, 2015

Dr. Hawthorne listens, is thoughtful, compassionate, and very knowledgeable. She takes a creative approach to wellness and provides effective solutions for her patients.

September 21st, 2015

I've finally found a partner in my quest for better health.

Dr. Martinez is an excellent listener. She was understanding and unusually respectful of my rather "unusual" approach to my illness. I have been insulted or dismissed by other doctors whose attitude was "my way or find another doctor!". I was nervous about this next try at finding a "partner" in my quest for good health. I've found her!!! She has had thousands of patients with my disease, I trust her wisdom. But more important to me, I appreciate her willingness to encourage me to pursue finding a cure without drugs.

February 14th, 2015

You've got to read this!!!

I don't like how everytime I called this office & got transferred, no matter what time of day, I would get to another person's voicemail like, the office's one & only MA. So then, I would have to either call back & tell the front office that it went to voicemail in order to get a hold of someone or, I would have to play phone tag. I received a letter in the mail stating & I quote, "Our office has contacted you several attempts to reach you and have been unsuccessful". However, I gave them my cell # as well as my home # & there was one call to me made so, that was a stretching of the truth & this office had "no comment" when asked why they would send me a letter when no further attempts have been made past 1 call to which, I returned this call only to have to leave another voicemail. In a recent letter I received from this office dropping me from their care making me have to travel to PHX as there is no other gastroenterolgist office here, according to them, I missed 3 appts. & a EGD procedure back in the summer of 2014. Well, there office never sent me a packet in a timely manner which, I needed to complete be4 the EGD procedure as I recall having to repeatedly bug them for this packet as I did not receive it within the timeframe they said it would be sent. Then, I ended up having to go into the office for the packet and they had not even updated my contact phone info. which, didn't make any sense esp. since I was a patient years ago. Then, I asked for a reminder call for this procedure as I tend to get really busy w/ things & didn't want to forget as they charge a $100 canncellation fee & I never received one so, I missed the EGD & had to argue w/ them to get that charge removed. Also, there is a $25 cancellation fee for office appts. As far as canceling follow-up appts. on 3 different occasions, that was untrue. I only cancelled once. So, "false accusations" were made against me. I have talked to other patient's I know & they have stated the office staff is rude , unprofessional, & will lecture adults like, children for doing simple things like, requesting another packet because coffee spilt on it. If a emergency was to ever a occur w/ a patient, u gona have to wait days as I left a message w/ the on-call doctor & never got a call back until 4 days later & it was the MA who called me back! Then, was sent a letter referring me back to my Primary care doctor to treatment me for my infection that this doctor was treating me for & the letter also stated that my primary care doctor was informed. So, when I called my PCP's office the same day, I was told they had not been informed not had they received my tests results. So, I made a appt. w/ my PCP a week later & when asked, my doctor said she still had not received my tests results & she was not informed by Dr. Hawthorne she was to take over my care esp. as Hawthorne had been treating me for this infection this entire time. I also didn't understand & was obviously upset as I went to a unnecessary appointment that my insurance had to pay for only to find out that my primary care doctor didn't feel comfortable treating me for my infection. So, I called the gastro office only to find out that my doctor didn't have the "gall" to tell me in-person or via a letter she was "pawning me off" & "refusing to treat me as "no explanation was given to me or my PCP"! In fact, my last appt. w/ Hawthorne which, was in early Dec., she was clearly "irritated" that I didn't have my 2nd stool test completed but, I was just getting over an illness & at the time, my stools were not "solid" which, she didn't give me the chance to explain which, is why I was waiting to take the test but, interrupted me. Then, when I asked her if my IBS would ever eventually go away or get to the point where, I wouldn't have to take "drugs" over-the-counter or "prescribed" she had the "audacity" to ask this: When you were a child do, you ever recall holding it? I sat there "confused & dumbfounded" as I didn't recall that part of my life as was years ago & felt my parents would have better knowledge of that. Plus, I was thinking what child hasn't held it at least once or twice so, obviously, I said yes. Then, she said me holding it which, btw I couldn't recall the # of times frm childhood is the reason why I will have "IBS" the rest of my life. To me, that made "no sense", was "heresay", & it felt like, it was said out of "spite" and thus, to me, "it showed rudeness, cruelty, & unprofessionalism". Needless to say, the last time I called this office it was to talk to the "office manager" to ask why I am being referred back to my PCP when Hawthorne had been treating my 2 conditions all along, to note my experiences of "unprofessionalism" I've seen in this office, & to switch to a different doctor within the office like, Trujillo or Paley. The lady I spoke to was rude, showed a lack of empathy/compassion, and was disrespectful as she wouldn't let me finish speaking, wouldn't hear me out, & said two "snide/smart" remarks to me. Ultimately, this office has dropped the ball in my care from the beginning as even when I saw them years ago for my IBS, no follow-ups attempts were made after I went to 2 follow-ups to make sure I was still doing okay. U would think an office would want to follow-up w/ a patient's care at least once or twice a year as IBS is a lifelong condition but, I felt like I had to make all the attempts to make sure I had this issue was under control yet, these doctors spent years getting specialized education on illnesses/conditions so, they obviously are supposed to know more than the patient. This doctor used to be more informative & spent more time listenig to her patients but, since being diagnosed w/ a 2nd condition, I have noticed she spends less time w/ her patients, isn't very thorough in her appts., & lacks the empathy she once had. This office lacks unprofessionalism & takes long, to respond to their patients needs as appts. are at least, a 1 to 1 1/2 months out which, is not the case w/ specialized doctors in California or even in the Phoenix area. Remember, your putting "your life" in another hands so, be4 considering this place, I suggest u look elsewhere as I know there are more compassionate/caring doctors out their w/ nicer, more helpful, & on-the-ball staff. Healthgrades has great reviews for a doctors & I am happy to say, I will be seeing a "new" gastro w/ great reviews & nice staff very soon. Anyways, "best of luck" to you all.

February 12th, 2011