Dr. Stephanie Maves Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Maves?

November 3rd, 2016

Awful

Left her office feeling horribly judged. Impersonal. Rushed. Rude.

October 9th, 2013

Too busy for me

I have been through many of the Womens Health Doctors at Mayo without finding one SHINING STAR, and finally decided I would find a GP instead. Dr Maves was recommended and was seeing new patients...so I chose her. Her prep-nurse was awesome and answered a lot of questions for me. She came in and seemed scattered and in very much of a hurry. I believe I am quite healthy...eat right, exercise, maintain my weight, etc...I have been having "heart flutters" and a really sore shoulder. I was told..."this is a physical, so if you need those things attended to....it's a whole different billing". She looked in my ears, nose, mouth, felt my thyroid, did a breast exam (I had a mammogram 2.5 weeks earlier),a pap, offered to write 2 prescriptions without even being asked (and neither of which I needed) and said goodbye. 16 minutes of our lives. Not impressed.

June 13th, 2013

Disappointing

Dr Maves was extremely condescending and dismissive of my issues-- to the point where she greeted a patient with hand pain with a vise-like handshake. She was quite brusque and rude, and very rough with me physically. I was not even past the reception desk on the way out before requesting to transfer doctors. I expected better from a Mayo doctor; this is the first time in my life a doctor has ever made me feel more afraid than I was before seeing them. I don't recommend seeing Dr Maves unless you're both tough as nails, and like being talked down to and ignored.

March 1st, 2012

A sharp and capable Doctor

I recommend her. She is a good questioner and listener who then gives analysis that shows she is knowledgeable. I have had a lot of doctors over the years and she was more detailed than most any of them. She will be my personal doctor from now on unless there is a change in circumstances.

June 1st, 2009

If you get this doctor, run the other way. She doesn't care about you, shows no compassion and is judgemental. She should not be a doctor.

February 12th, 2016