Dr. Stephanie Maves MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

October 9th, 2013
Too busy for me
I have been through many of the Womens Health Doctors at Mayo without finding one SHINING STAR, and finally decided I would find a GP instead. Dr Maves was recommended and was seeing new patients...so I chose her. Her prep-nurse was awesome and answered a lot of questions for me. She came in and seemed scattered and in very much of a hurry. I believe I am quite healthy...eat right, exercise, maintain my weight, etc...I have been having "heart flutters" and a really sore shoulder. I was told..."this is a physical, so if you need those things attended to....it's a whole different billing". She looked in my ears, nose, mouth, felt my thyroid, did a breast exam (I had a mammogram 2.5 weeks earlier),a pap, offered to write 2 prescriptions without even being asked (and neither of which I needed) and said goodbye. 16 minutes of our lives. Not impressed.

June 13th, 2013
Disappointing
Dr Maves was extremely condescending and dismissive of my issues-- to the point where she greeted a patient with hand pain with a vise-like handshake. She was quite brusque and rude, and very rough with me physically. I was not even past the reception desk on the way out before requesting to transfer doctors. I expected better from a Mayo doctor; this is the first time in my life a doctor has ever made me feel more afraid than I was before seeing them. I don't recommend seeing Dr Maves unless you're both tough as nails, and like being talked down to and ignored.

March 1st, 2012
A sharp and capable Doctor
I recommend her. She is a good questioner and listener who then gives analysis that shows she is knowledgeable. I have had a lot of doctors over the years and she was more detailed than most any of them. She will be my personal doctor from now on unless there is a change in circumstances.

June 1st, 2009
If you get this doctor, run the other way. She doesn't care about you, shows no compassion and is judgemental. She should not be a doctor.