Dr. Stephanie Penchuk MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 6th, 2015
Horrible Dr
Dr. Penchuk has been a terrible pediatrician for my daughter. We are currently still nursing at 18 months and proud of our accomplishment. Dr. Penchuk, however, is condescending and keeps telling us to wean (especially at night) and tells us that it will be entirely my fault if my daughter's teeth all need pulling by 3 years old due to rotting. This Dr. is not as breastfeeding supportive as her office suggests. The rest of the staff are awesome, my only problem is with the horrid excuse of a doctor Dr. Penchuk has been.

January 31st, 2012
Great Pediatrician!!
Smithfield Pediatrics is a great place to bring your children!! The staff is always friendly and assisting me when I need something. I jhave been going there since 2001 and have not once been disappointed!! The receptionist Susan is the greatest!! She's really nice and is always there for moral support!! Too bad I'm 18 now and have to find a new doctor!!

November 19th, 2010
Do not try this Dr
I had taken my son in for a sick visit when he had an ear infection. When we arrived he vomited on the bathroom floor. I alerted the receptionist who told me I needed to clean it up! Which I did. My son did have a fever and Dr Penchuk wanted to prescribe an antibiotic. She was using a computer to electronically send the prescription to a Stop&Shop right next door the office. When I arrived at Stop&Shop I was told they did not have the prescription. I ended up have to wait in the store for over an hour, with my sick, feverish son to obtain the medicine. Never once was it explained to me that this information may be delayed in getting to the pharmacy. I also missed this years checkup for both my kids as my husband lost his job and we had not health care. They charged me $50 and refused to reverse it. I have been paying $10 a month to this awful uncaring Dr. The receptionist is also very nasty and always has an angry tone of voice. I do not recommend taking your kids here.

September 26th, 2010
Smithfield pediatrics is wonderful!
We have been using this practice for 5.5 years now and upon first encounter Dr Penchuk's personality can be a bit dry at times however she is more than competent and trys to take the least invasive routes first. I adore Susan at the front desk too! They know my face and name they know my children by name and they always make room for sick visits. I also like that they have a covering practice that opperates on the same wave length, and wouldnt you know I was a patient at the covering practice as a pdi myself! Since they opened the new office it is bigger cleaner and the wait times are even less. Dr penchuk is a great lady just give her a chance

June 1st, 2010
We highly recommend Dr. Penchuk
My daughter has been a patient here since age 3. She is now 15 and we have been very happy with Dr. Penchuk. During the last 12 years we have relied on her expertise and guidance and trust her advice and direction as it relates to my daughters care. We highly recommend Dr. Penchuk as a Pediatrician.

May 16th, 2010
I absolutely love bringing my son to Dr. Penchuk. We have spent alot of time at the office (weekly visits early on and continued frequent visits as he has gotten older). My son likes going to the doctor, too!

February 13th, 2009
Won't be fooled again
One step away from a malpractice suit.

October 21st, 2015