Dr. Stephanie Pickel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Pickel?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Pickel?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 11th, 2017

Disappointed

Rushed through my high risk appointment after I waited over an hour for her. Appointments are pointless she doesn't listen and is in and out.

September 16th, 2016

My experience with Dr.Stephanie Pickle was completely unforgettable .I've never in my life as a women felt like my entire dignity was taken away. I began to see her for my first pregnancy and for the most part all of my parental visits were fine. I was told my baby was head down in fetal position during ultrasound and began my weekly prenatal visit, which consisted of instructed to lay on exam bed which if you know is at a tilted position for approximately 25 minutes before even being seen by her. I was given a green paper on my next prenatal visit that if I didn't have my baby by my due date that they were going to give me a cesarean without the option of INDUCING my labor. There are far more situations that this Dr.has violated but what I would warn people is be ALERT,EDUCATE YOURSELF and if the first time she doesn't introduce herself RUN (Like the amount of time she spends with patients). If they give a second opinion outside of Omega office make sure they're not AFFILIATED with practice. It's sad what these practitioners get away with and what state board allows.

August 24th, 2016

I love doctor pickle, after my miscarriage a few years ago. I went to see her and she has excellent bedside manner.

December 14th, 2015

she is a great doctor!

Dr.pickel is a great doctor I loved her for both of my pregnancys. Yes she is fast. Yes she gets to the point. If you want someone super sensitive this is not your person. She is a tough momma! That pushes through hard work everyday to be here taking care of you and your babies. The wait time is horrible. But her and her staff are worth it. Plus my 2nd pregnancy it was nice i always got a nap in!!! Now she delivers at mca and i have to say thats the worst part!! Mca kept both of my healthy babies from me for over 4hours. Even though both momma and baby were fine. Its hospital policy. Im currently looking at harris because of how they are accepting and let csection mommas hold their babies after. If pickel delivered at harris i would be using her again without a doubt.

November 6th, 2015

I have been a seeing Dr pickle for 9 months for my pregnancy .She has been wonderful and never really waited long time to see her. i had c section and that went great.

July 31st, 2015

Worst doctor experience EVER!

I have made three different appointments that have all been increasingly painful. The average wait time is at least an hour if your lucky. I have taken time off work to make it to my appointment time only to sit in the office for an hour. One appointment I came to the wrong office and sat there for two hours waitng until I had to go ask why I hadn't been called and that's when they chose to tell me I had missed my appointment and not gone to the correct office. Another time they were three hours late for my appointment and took six months to reschedule when I eventually had to leave because they had still not seen me. I would never recommend this doctor to my worst enemy.

June 11th, 2015

Have enjoyed going to her during my pregnancy

I started going to Dr. Pickel just over a year ago and now she is assisting me through my first pregnancy. She has been lovely the entire time. Upfront, honest, helpful and the staff is wonderful

June 11th, 2015

Best Gyno there is. Hands down.

I absolutely adore her. When I met her for the first time I was 20 years old and just found out I was pregnant. I hadn't ever been through an exam before, and let me tell you- she wasn't quick to check me; she told me about what she had for lunch and funny stories that happened to her, asked me about my life and really listened. Which is a good thing when you're a nervous (naked)wreck! Throughout my whole pregnancy she was always there with an answer. She is hilarious, has sarcastic humor and she absolutely does NOT sugar coat ANYTHING! She will tell you how it is- & will not just tell you what you WANT to hear. Her and I were pregnant at the same time so it was funny to go in and get asked how I am, then I ask how she is! I recently went in and got the IUD and I am honestly just so glad I chose her. I couldn't have chosen a better gynecologist.

December 17th, 2014

Dr. Pickel is the worst doctor to have for any pregnancy! This was my first pregnancy and she was compassionate or personable. She just wanted to get things done and get out of there as soon as she could. The first time hearing the heart beat, me, my boyfriend, and my mom all cried and she looked at me like I was crazy and just left immediately. Not even a "congratulations" NOTHING. I just switched doctors. I have yet to meet my new OB (Dr. Gordan) but I'm sure he'll be twice the doctor Dr. Pickel is!! I wish I knew about this website earlier to read reviews about her.

August 10th, 2013

DO NOT SEE THIS AWFUL DOCTOR

Omega OBGYN is the biggest scam!!! They don't care about you as a patient and don't value your time. I took time off work, had my appointment set months in advance, showed up to my appointment 15 minutes early like i was asked. Only to sit in the waiting room for 1.5 hours and no one ever having a courtesy to let me know they are running late, nothing! When I came up to talk to the receptionist, I was told the Dr was busy. I asked when will I be seen and was told that "I'm too busy to find out, you'll just have to wait". Seriously!!!!! This is how they treat their patients?!! When asking for the 3rd time after being there for over TWO hours, I was told that the doctor had more important thing........wait what?!!! The doctor wasn't even in the office?!!! NO ONE said anything to me on the phone when I set up the visit. When I asked if doctor was on call and if maybe i should reschedule my visit, the receptionist stared at me like I was an annoyance in her day. I will NEVER go to this practice of any other associated with it, and trust me I'll be spreading the word. I have never been treated in such disrespectful manner. I've read the review and though, oh they can't be that bad, I'll give them a try. BIG MISTAKE!!!! If this is how they treat new patients, I can't imagine being treated by them as an existing patient. Go spend your money somewhere else, where you will be treated properly and with respect.

February 7th, 2013

Agree...bad dr.

These are not crazy Internet reviews. Dr. Pickel is not a good dr. She is rude. She didn't introduce herself to me either and acted like having my 3rd baby was a bad thing. She made a big deal to put me on medication, but then never even called it into the pharmacy! If your looking for a caring dr with a nice bed side manner, dr pickle is not the dr for you.

August 15th, 2012

No. Way.

I started going to Omega years ago & I just found out that my husband and I are pregnant with our first. I was a patient of John Pickel for years but found out with my pregnancy that he didn't deliver anymore, thus we were pushed off to his daughter. I haven't even had the chance to meet this woman yet, and I don't plan to. I have made an appointment with another Dr. (another facility all-together) because of the difficulties I have had with Omega over the years. I made this decision after SEVERAL conversations with the front desk staff and Dr. Pickel's nurse. Every single person I spoke with treated me like I was incompetent for asking questions, the favorite comment to make was "I'm guessing this is your first?" I feel like they should already know the answer since they have been my doctor since I moved to Texas... I was also repeatedly asked my due date when they were the ones who assigned me one in the first place. I called Omega after my at home test and asked to see a doctor to be sure. They assured me there was no reason to do that, but I insisted and made an appointment. I was seen 48 minutes after my scheduled appointment and was told "Well, just like we told you on the phone, you are pregnant." Okay, so now what? These people are completely lacking in compassion, I dont know when to schedule my appointments because I have never done this before. I feel like the staff needs to be re-trained on what it is like to deal with a woman who has just heard the biggest news of her life! The final straw was when Dr. Pickel's "friendly" nurse called me to discuss financials. They wanted a certain percentage of my payment (what insurance wouldn't cover) on my first appointment. I told them that I hadn't even met her and still needed to discuss my options with my husband, I had also planned on meeting with another doctor and a midwife. She then told me that I had a week until my scheduled appointment and advised me to figure it out by then, and that it didnt matter because I wouldnt get to meet Dr. Pickel on my first visit anyway. Im so happy that my girl friends all recommended someone else to me, they have been so supportive when I call and have questions. They aren't charging me anything other than my standard copay on my first appointments in order to give me time to decide what is right for our family. I will never recommend Omega to anyone.