Dr. Stephanie Revels MD Patient Reviews

• 10 reviews

February 18th, 2013
Paatient
I have been a patient of Dr. Revels since she moved to Kansas City, MO. She is always courteous and very professional. She even diagnosed my breast cancer long before I suspected that I had it and referred me to an excellent onconlogist. My son visited her three years ago and she still asks about him everytime I visit her office. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a caring, professional physician. She's the best!!!!!!!

June 6th, 2012
Ok with the small stuff
She's okay with helping with colds and simple stuff and great with women's wellness test but don't rely on her to diagnois anything beyond that. When I have blood work done I had to call and ask for my results, they don't call and send them to you at all. Plus her billing practices are horrible, she sends bills for things already paid, if she even sends a bill in the first place. A nice person but not as efficienct on the medical side

December 20th, 2011
Poor Physician Care
My experience with Dr Revels is poor. While she is pleasant and friendly, she does not spend enough time diagnosing problems. She leaves the room and does not return to explain the diagnosis or treatment plan. I have had to ask her to return to the room on numerous occassions. Also, she does not have adequate backup for her patients when she is gone. I have been without my medication for more than three days because of her illness. Since my medication is a controlled substance, it cannot be refilled normally. It has to be hand written prescription and she has no backup to write them for her. I am seeking a new physician.

August 15th, 2011
My overall experience being seen by Dr.Revels was poor. She spent <3 minutes in the room with me. She did not complete a proper assessment or provide me with the education needed to care for my problem. I left confused and highly unimpressed, I had to seek care from another doctor.

January 6th, 2011
The Best
I have had the pleasure of having Doc for about 3 years.
Doctor's Response

Thanks Dawn ! We appreciate your comment and will always try and do our best.

March 3rd, 2010
AWFUL
Dr. Revels and her staff are completely unprofessional and rude and make many mistakes. They are incapable of calling patients back even to go over important lab resutls. The staff is ridiculous and have no idea how to do their job or even be nice. After years with this Dr. and office we are done. It's a shame.
Doctor's Response

I'm always sad to here anyone is unhappy, or made to feel that we are all not trying to do our best. This is not my vision as a solo practitioner, and I hope no one else will feel this way about how my office is managed or how I treat patients.

October 2nd, 2009
Kind but not patient or thorough
Dr Revels is kind and wants to help but she has some bad habits. She spends very little time with you and then leaves and does not come back in unless you ask for her again. She has misread reports and fails to listen carefully to symptoms. She seems uncomfortable just listening and talking to patients to get the full story. Fails to lead in finding the answers to symptoms.

August 20th, 2009
needs to spend more time with the patient
seems like this doc just tries to see as many patients as she can rather than giving quality care to her patients...she does not even wait for the patient to complete her story...she does not take notes or anything,nobody at the office takes notes....wonder hopw they followup. i had gibven a blood sample at the office ..called back for the results and the staff dint even know if i went to the lab or gave a sample at the office itself...this is sheer carelessness..... I will be changing my PCP pretty soon.
Doctor's Response

The only reason the office does not take notes is because we are electronic and it is a paperless office. I try to be present with my patients and not type on the computer while they are talking so I can give my full attention to the patient.

July 6th, 2009
Excellent Dr. Staff needs a little more professionalism
Dr. Revels is wonderful, very caring and personable. Always knows who are and ask about your family. I love her. Her staff needs a litte work, the nurses may need a little more training( barely knew how to get accurate readings). Overall I would recommend.

December 18th, 2008
Caring physician
Wonderful, caring and knowledgable. She spends time talking to you and explaining what's going on with your body. When she moved from Missouri, I followed her practice.