Dr. Stephanie Ricci MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

March 18th, 2015
I like her just always long waits to be prepared!

December 16th, 2014
After visiting 4 times and waiting 60-90 minutes to be called into the room and then being made to feel like I was an inconvenience, I was done. I found a new OB and office that I LOVE!

October 27th, 2014
RUN FOR THE HILLS!
During my first and only pregnancy, Dr. Ricci was my doctor. Until I had gotten pregnant, I chose to see her NP because Dr. Ricci is rude. When I got pregnant, and immediately had complications, I only received calls from her NP (not one I had ever seen before). I left her practice immediately, and have counted my blessings ever since. Had I stayed at Dr. Ricci's office and followed her NP's advice, I would not have my daughter. I received completely different, conservative care with another MD (who took the time to call me personally and advise me after finding out my complications despite my initial visit being with her NP also...). I have never been so disappointed with a doctor in my life.

October 3rd, 2013
Great Doctor indeed, busy and not always easy to get an appointment but once you meet her, the wait is worth. Incase of emergency the staff will try to get you in faster. had a great experience with her and would recommend her to family and friends.

September 12th, 2013
Dr Ricci delivered our third son yesterday......she has been our OB through each pregnancy......although an OB like her gets behind in her schedule its for a darn good reason......looking out for patients like my wife.........she is caring and makes sure each patient feels special........I can look past a few late appointments to have such a special person look after my loved ones........the same girls that complain are the same ones demanding that when they are in labor she leaves the office to take care of them....

May 2nd, 2013
Very Happy
I'm very confused about all the negative reviews, particularly those pertaining to Dr. Ricci's character. She has never been anything but patient and friendly to me. My very first appointment with her three years ago, she seemed a little rushed, but subsequent to that (and I've probably seen her over 15 times over two pregnancies and annual exams), so has always been gracious and sweet. Wait times can be frustrating, especially if you are not used to waiting (I am - I've seen my share of different OBGYNs over the years, and they are all busy!), but I come to expect it, so I plan for it. And Dr. Ricci always apologizes for the wait. My first pregnancy, my appointment was cancelled an hour before or upon arrival at her office because she had to rush to an emergency c-section or delivery, but that's her job. I don't understand why this would frustrate people. Overall, I have the utmost faith in her abilities as a doctor and would highly recommend her to anyone reasonable and rational.

March 1st, 2013
I can't agree more with the majority of reviews on this page. I had a horrible experience with Dr. Ricci. She was my OBGYN for the birth of my first child. The appointments leading up to my delivery were okay. Her staff is friendly enough, she seemed very dismissive and unwilling to answer questions but, I just figured she was busy. I wished I would have seen the red flags. She was unavailable when I went into labor, she didn't follow the proper protocol in checking me, and put my baby in harms way and had horrible bedside manner. I suffered severe complications as a result. She is egotistical, condescending and uncaring. I would NEVER chose this physician. again. My experience here, was beyond scary.

August 14th, 2012
Don't choose this doctor
What a nasty, egotistical, self centered lady. I have never experienced a doctor so rude and cold. I should have read these reviews before I went and I would not have gone to her.

July 25th, 2012
Don't ask any questions
I went in for a pap smear and while I was there, I asked the Dr. a question regarding fibrotic breast tissue. Later I recieved a second bill of $100.00 for a second office consultation for the fibrotic tissue. I called to point out that it wasn't an extra visit, but was told that since she discussed another issue, it was considered another appointment. Needless to say I'll find another Dr.

April 5th, 2012
Still haven't heard from her after I had to terminate my pregnancy
I will never go to Dr. Ricci again. I was just notified a week ago that my unborn child was diagnosed with a serious genetic disease. Absolutely shattered to hear the news from a genetic counselor unrelated to Dr. Ricci, my husband and I decided to terminate the pregnancy. Dr. Ricci's office staff was able to run approval immediately for the insurance authorization that would send us on to another doctor specializing in termination. We were told by both the genetic counselor as well as Dr. Ricci's office staff we would receive a phone call from her over the next few days. It's been a week now, we agonized for days and underwent an emotional journey including a surgical procedure. Still...no phone call. I had my first baby under Dr. Ricci's care and I wasn't particularly impressed then. She missed 4 out of my first 5 scheduled appointments. I was shuffled off to see another staff member (doctor or nurse practitioner). . I can say I am very pleased with my c-section scar; she does understand how important the appearance of the scar is to a woman. I can also say she was quick to refer to us to the right doctors to treat our individual needs. Overall though, I'm blown away at how impersonal this experience has been and when we try for our next pregnancy, I'm switching to a new doctor. Poor business, Dr. Ricci. It is a privilege to hold the title "Doctor" and people rely on their doctors to have a little more heart than a robot.

March 29th, 2012
Horrible experience....
Never for any reason will I go to Dr. Ricci or her practice again! Do not go to her, find another OBGYN!!!

March 8th, 2012
Disgusting cold hearted and rude
Came in to see if I had any other options to treat my severe menstrual cramps. She made me feel I was wasting her time. Everything she said was a probing question, as if I had an ulterior motive for being there, or should otherwise already know I'm out of options. I wound up leaving her office in tears, at which point she told my boyfriend, who was there to support me, that he shouldn't have come, and that he was essentially the reason the appointment was such a horrible joke. But she refused to elaborate when he was blown away confused. Oh, and we waited 1 hour and 10 minutes to see this 'doctor'.