Dr. Stephanie Skow MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 28th, 2014
One of the Best ~
Dr Skow is a very astute analyst, she is compassionate and thoughtful and the most patient listener you could want. She prescribed me the medications I needed and they were very suitable. I would recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone without hesitation. She is that good!

March 27th, 2014
Exceptional
Dr. Stephanie Skow accurately and skillfully diagnosed my condition of chronic combat related PTSD and assigned a methodolgy of treatment that turned my life around after I returned from Iraq in 2009. With her excellent guidance, behavioural therapy techniques and in-depth counseling I was able to confront and cope with the darkness that is PTSD. Dr. Skow is a well-respected and knowledgeable professional in her chosen field of Psychiatry not only throughout the Hawaiin Islands, but also on the mainland, having studied and practiced in the states of both New York and Nevada. She is a consumate professional is every aspect and I would readily recommend her services to any and all.

March 12th, 2014
Patient
I could not have survived the death of my husband of 43 years or the onset of so many symptoms of my bi polar disorder while adjusting to life with my son after 43 years of married life. Probate is one thing, lawyers & loosing a house in foreclosure awful--without Dr Skow I just plain would not be functioning well in my world of 2014. When I've needed meds she has carefully adjusted to fit. I admire her caring and candor-but most of all her sense of what's right along with a wry wit.

March 11th, 2014
Highly Recommend
Seeing Dr. Skow is like catching up with a friend. She is eager to hear about my life and relationships; my exciting news and my challenges, and my sorrows and joy. I feel like she is happy to see me and I leave feeling supported, emotionally and medically. She knows her meds and is tech savvy enough to quickly research the entire body of psychiatric knowledge. After being a patient of Dr. Skow for some time I left the island for two years. Dr. Skow and her office remained supportive the entire time and accepted me back as a patient when I returned without question. As a side note, Dr. Skow's office is beautiful and comfortable. If you have to be in the doctor's office, it's about as good as it gets.

August 13th, 2013
My first thoughts on Dr. Skow..
I think Dr. Skow is a good doctor.. Not the most "warm, emotionally based" person to talk to. She isn't the best listener. I have only been seeing her for a year, and I guess she wants to disregard all of my past Doctor/Therapists notes on me.. which is odd considering I have Bi-polar disorder.. I think she could really help more, by actually listening and understanding then making sure she's not going to get in trouble with writing me a prescription for a different date.. Also.. I'm not sure how long she has been prescribing prescription meds.. but she doesn't really seem to have a grasp of knowledge on a lot of medications I am on.. Which is kind of an uneasy feeling. I think she could really be one of the best Psychs. I have ever seen if she would actually take the time to listen/ get to know me. Hopefully when time goes on things will change. Kauai is a small island with not a lot of doctors to choose from.. I'm writing this review to not only help you decide if you want to be her patient but, hopefully help her see how she can better herself..

December 31st, 2011
Amazing human being!
Best psychiatrist I've ever been to! And I've been to a few...

October 29th, 2010
Compassionate and caring
Comfortable and soothing environment, I have recommended her to friends.